Ayanova Firebird to MSSQL COnverter HUNG?

I am in the process of installing Ayanova (Latest download 3/25/2008) on a new computer running Windows XP-Pro. Ayanova ran just fine with the default Firebird database. Installed SQL Server Express 2005 as per the instructions in the help fil. At one point it says to run the Firebird to MSSQL utility which I did - The connection was successful and on clicking on the check mark to proceed I get the Windows “Ayanova Firebird to MSSQL Migrator 4.1.5.0” window with the progress indicator - It is stuck at 1% and not proceeding?

I can manually open the SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio Express and loggin in. There is an Ayanova database entry but nothing in it?

Hi

I am not sure why it is stuck on 1% for you. I’ve just tested it again here, and it works with no issues. Perhaps your computer is overloaded and it’s waiting for resouces before it can continue, or something else is preventing the tables in the database from being created and data copied to it, or…

Do the following:
-Shut down the ToMSSQL.exe utilty
-Shut down all other programs that are running - i.e.anti-virus program, etc
-Delete that AyaNova database via SQL Studio Express (select it, right-click and select Delete)
-Close the SQL Management Express Studio
-Reconfirm again that you can log into AyaNova itself that connects via the default connection - On this same SQL computer, log into the AyaNova program, select menu Help -> About AyaNova -> confirm it says 4.1.5, and that the connection is showing as connecting to %AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB
-Exit out of AyaNova
-Now run the ToMSSQL utility again
-Confirm that Firebird Connection String is ServerType=1;DataBase=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;
-Confirm what the SQL connection string is
-Confirm that the Open database connection successfully connects
-Click on the checkmark to begin the firebird database to SQL database conversion
-Post back your results

Make sure you are doing this from the SQL computer itself, if any step different than what is explicitly stated, also identify that.

• Joyce

I decided to take a shorter route … The whole scenario is that a client is replacing their current server witha desktop computer. I have installed everything from scratch and want theexisting database moved to this new computer.

I made sure that both are running the most recent version of Ayanova. I ran the database back on the existing server using the Microsoft SQL Management Studio Express. On the new computer I manually created the Ayanova database after having deleted it. When I go to restore the database which I have the backup of I get the error:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express

Restore failed for Server ‘CPU-OFFICE\SQLEXPRESS’. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.2047.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing ‘Ayanova’ database. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.2047.00&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Am I doping something wrong to get this data on the new computer? Thanks for your help

Never mind - A classic case of Stupidity … I did not click on options and as such failed to select the “Overwrite” option. :hehe:

Restore workedokay - Now for the wbi etc :slight_smile: