Ayanova takes a while to load on one workstation

Hi,

Ayanova seems to take a very long time to load on one of the workstations here (around4 minutes). On other workstations it’s loading without any problems. Ayanova runs on a server (specs xeon 3.2ghz,2 gb ram, 2x70 gb hdd)

The workstation with the issuehas the following specs: amd 1ghz,512 ram, winxp sp2. The load is like allother workstations, although the other workstations are pentium 4’s (2ghz). The workstation doesn’t have issues running other applications through our network.

Should I look for the problem in the specs? Or could it be some other problem?

Regards,

Mardie

Hi Mardie

I would say if the other stations are loading faster, that there must be something specific with that computer itself.

A number of suggestions of what should be checked on this computer:

I would confirm if its dependant on the network username logged into this computer, or occurs regardless - log in as the network administrator, and run AyaNova to determine if same amount of time occurs. If when logged into the network as the network administrator, and AyaNova loads just as fast as the other computers, that may indicate an issue with the network username logging in as.

I would check hardware - physical network connection like cabling, LAN card, hub port connected to, is there hops this computer has to make to get to the server compared to other computers,

I would check the network configuration for this computer and compare to the others - what protocols are in use, what are the settings of these protocols compared to other stations,

I would check other software loaded and running on this computer and compare to the other computers

I would confirm that the AyaNova.exe.config file in use on this computer is exactly the same as the other computers.

• Joyce

Hi again Mardie

Have you performed any of the suggestions above and identified from where the issue is coming from for this computer?

• Joyce

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_lblFullMessage>Hi again Mardie

Have you performed any of the suggestions above and identified from where the issue is coming from for that computer?

It is always appreciated by us and other AyaNova users that you post the solution on the forum in reply to the original topic so that if others are experiencing the same issue they can see what you did to resolve if we do not have a specific solution.

Thank you

• Joyce</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Joyce,

we haven’t really pinpointed the issue. For some reason the problem disappeared. We are running Ayanova for almost a year now without a problem. However, we aren’t using all of the functionalities, since I implemented the program without a proper implementation timeline. For example: our workflows and processes on the job etc. weren’t really identified and synced with Ayanova prior to the implementation. We are in the process of streamlining our work processes with Ayanova. This also means linking our homebuild POS, Inventory system with Ayanova. This is the reason I was informing about Office Accounting. We are opting to migrate to Office Accounting and integrate this with Ayanova.

Regards, Mardie