Ayanova WBI5 on Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate

Installation went smoothly from following the guide, but received this error right after login in to WBI on the same machine. Also receive the same error from another pc on the network.

Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI5’ Application.

‘~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd’ is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager
requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag
to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information:
Controls > RadScriptManager
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ‘~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd’ is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please,

use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScriptManager

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: ‘~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd’ is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration
in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScriptManager]
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +251 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

Hi

There may be a problem with your WBI 5 installation. Best thing to do is redo the installation from scratch making sure you are following the specific steps outlined in the WBI 5 Help file

On the server where you installed WBI 5:

Were you upgrading from a previous version of AyaNova - for example, did you previously have WBI 4 or 3 installed?
Shut down your web site via IIS manager
Uninstall WBI 5 completely
Make sure there is nothing left in the AyaNovaWBI5 folder
Reboot
Now install WBI 5 again as per the main steps in http://www.ayanova.com/WBI5webhelp/wbi_server_installation.htm
When you have completed that, perform the WBI 5 Configuration steps as per http://www.ayanova.com/WBI5webhelp/wbi_server_configuration.htm
And when the configuration is completed successfully, then perform step #1 and step #2 of the WBI Testing as per http://www.ayanova.com/WBI5webhelp/wbi_server_testing.htm - can you now log into WBI 5 with no errors?
Let us know. If you continue to experience an issue, please confirm exactly what you did above, including confirming the exact steps you took when installing (i.e. is WBI 5 installed taking the defaults installing WBI 5 to the Default Web Site etc?) , and confirmation of the configuration steps (i.e. step #1, that the config.txt is in the Bin folder, step #2 what the port is, that your server is using Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 etc)

• Joyce

Hi again

Do let us know that removing any previous WBI installation, rebooting, and then performing the steps again now works for you.

If you continue to experience an issue, please confirm exactly what you did above, including confirming the exact steps you took when installing (i.e. is WBI 5 installed taking the defaultsinstalling WBI 5 to the Default Web Site etc?), and confirmation of the configuration steps (i.e. step #1, that the config.txt is in the Bin folder, step #2 what the port is, that your server is using Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 etc)

• Joyce

Background about my setup:

This is a one scheduled user setup with WBI and PTI addons, that was upgraded from Ver 4.2 which was running on a windows 2008 webserver. Due to the release of the new firebird 2.1 support for X64 OS I’ve copied the database file to the windos vist x64 OS and installed from scratch the Ayanova application.

Response from previous post:

I uninstalled WBI5 and IIS7 and removed .net 3.5 sp1.

• Reinstalled .net 3.5 sp1 via windows update

• Reinstalled with default options by just clicking on the IIS option and selecting ok

• Installed WBI5 ( recieved first error: WBI5 reported could not find IIS) {error stopped showingonly after iadded IIS6 compatibility Metabse amd configuration option}

-Enabled IIS7Application development Features which wasnt enabled by default

The WBI5 installed with defaults and i am at the same error which during testing of the web access on the same pc, the problem shows right after i login at the start page. The service.aspx shoes in the address bar and the page splits into two frames both showing the same error i’d posted earlier.

Hi again, thank you for confirming your setup and rechecking your steps by doing it again. We will set up here and see if we can recreate the error you are getting, and then determine why it occurred. Will post back as soon as we can.

• Joyce

Hi again and thank you for your patience while we determined a solution.

We did not get the same error message as you, but did get an issue with Vista 64 due to one file not installed as a 64bit file.

[forum note: the following is now done automatically withthe latest WBI 5 installation]

1. First do make sure that you have performed the two steps in the WBI 5 Help file section if using Vista http://www.ayanova.com/WBI5webhelp/if_using_vista_or_higher.htm - that IIS 6 Management Compatibility is enabled and the Application Pool for AyaNova WBI 5 is using the Classic .NET AppPool

The do the following:

If WBI 5.0.0.0 is installed on a Vista 64bit operating system, do the following:

1. Delete the existingChilKatDotNet2.dll filein the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI5\bin folder

2.Copy the file ChilKatDotNet2.dll file from the AyaNova 5 program folder where AyaNova 5 was installed to on this Vista 64bit computer C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova paste into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI5\bin folder

1. Now load WBI in your browser, log in, and the error will no longer occur.

Do post back that you have confirmed those 2 additional steps for Vista, and that you have replaced the file as above, and let me know this now works for you.

The WBI 5.0.0.0 installation does not install the 64bit ChilKatDotNet2.dll file by default, so by copying the 64bit version of this file, WBI will run.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that development can look into having WBI 5 install the 64bit version of the file if needed.

• Joyce

Thats what we call hitting thenail right on the head.I replaced the file from Ayanovainto the WBI5 folder and changed the application pool to classic and just like magic it works perfectly.

Great product backed by a great support team who know theirstuff, I can now resteasier at night knowing I have made the right choice withAyanova to manage my business.

:cool:

Just a note: WBI 5.0.1.0 will now install the 64bit Chilkat file correctly. Refer to Known Issues & Updates section to update to the latest version.