Backing up AyaNova

I realize that there are already numerous threads on this, however, I cannot make heads or tails of them. I am trying to backup our companies AyaNova files so that I can upgrade to 6.6, but I keep running into walls everywhere. The only help that I have is a thread for backing up the AyaNova network Firebird Server configuration. I’m not even sure we have Firebird installed on our server and everything in the thread is greek to me. I have never been so confused with a software in all my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gabriel

You have done the correct first thing if ever confused - ask!

If you are not sure what your configuration is, so that you know what steps to follow to backup, send the following in an email to support@ayanova.com along with what you want to do, and we would be happy to help:

1. Copy of your ayalog.txt file from your AyaNova program folder C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova
  2. what the issue is - in your case, you want to back up your AyaNova database before upgrading, and not sure what configuration you have so not sure what backup steps to follow

Your ayalog.txt file will show me what your config.txt file is using to connect to your AyaNova database, as well as your version of AyaNova. You can also see this too by viewing the config.txt file in the AyaNova program folder using Notepad, or clicking on Help -> About AyaNova:

Configuration connection that looks like below means that you are using a stand-alone configuration:

[i] ServerType=1;DataBase=%AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;User=SYSDBA;[/i]

Configuration connection that looks like below means that you are using a network Firebird Server configuration:

[i]ServerType=0;DataSource=192.168.1.100;DataBase=AYANOVA;User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Dialect=3;[/i]

Configuration connection that looks like below means that you are using a network SQL Express configuration:

[i]Server=COMPUTERNAME\SQLExpress;initial catalog=AyaNova;User Id=sa; Password=PASSWORD; [/i]

Configuration connection that looks like below means that you are using a network SQL Server configuration:

[i]data source=SQL_SERVER_NAME;initial catalog=AyaNova;User Id=LOGINNAME; Password=PASSWORD;[/i]
  • Joyce