Can only login with default

The instructions say to login with user with full permissions. The ServiceUser account has admin privs and the Ayanova installation is local not network (i.e. Firebird)

Hi

When you installed AyaNova v3, was the ServiceUser the computer user logged into the computer?

When you installed AyaNova v3, did you select to install with access for Everyone, or was Just Me selected?

If you log into the computer as the same computer user you installed as, does AyaNova v3 run?

What message do you receive when you attempt to run the AyaNova v3 program?

• Joyce

<SPAN “FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA”></SPAN>

Hi again

Did you determine what the issue was?

Could you post here for the benefit of other AyaNova users that may also encounter this?

Or could you post information to the questions asked and than we can go from there to determine the issue.

Thank you

• Joyce

Will check in a few. Quickbooks down for accountant in single user mode. Get back in a few…

Cannot login with Admin or ServiceUser. These are the only 2 accounts on computer.

I do not recall how params set when install. I installed QBI when I received the activation key but I may not have reinstalled Ayanava3. I have the demo A3 runinng and can log in with manager/letmein.

Would this indicate that I did not and need to reinstall Ayanova3 or can I go in and change username/password for the demo installation?

tthompson (5/1/2006)Cannot login with Admin or ServiceUser. These are the only 2 accounts on computer.

I do not recall how params set when install. I installed QBI when I received the activation key but I may not have reinstalled Ayanava3. I have the demo A3 runinng and can log in with manager/letmein.

Would this indicate that I did not and need to reinstall Ayanova3 or can I go in and change username/password for the demo installation?

Hi again

Could you rephrase again exactly what it is that you are attempting to do and what the issue is that you are encountering?

Are you trying to log into the AyaNova program itself as the Admin or ServiceUser which is computer loginusernames or ?

If you are able to run AyaNova and login as manager/letmein - than you are successfully running the AyaNova program.

There is no need to re-install AyaNova when you receive your activation keycode.

Just followed the instructions to apply the activation keycode - this “unlocks” the trial database so that you can use the AyaNova program fully - including creating and editing usernames and passwords.

If you need additional information, please identify exactly what you are attempting to do, include exactly what you are doing up to that point, and also include any messages you receive.

• Joyce

I can login to Ayanova with manager/letmein and Ayanova complains about 4 schedulable users active. It says I am licensed for 1 which is correct according to my license. The 4 schedulable users are from the trial database. Do I need to clean up the trial data/users when looging in a manager/letmein user and set a user/password within the Ayanova program?

Also, QBI loads…takes time as our QB file is large and then I get error message that is the same about 4 schedulable users while licensed for 1.

I think I need to get the Ayanova Program to operate without the 4 scheduable users from the trial database and a login and then initiate program from QBI after I Ayanova3 working.

Suggestions?

tthompson (5/1/2006)I can login to Ayanova with manager/letmein and Ayanova complains about 4 schedulable users active. It says I am licensed for 1 which is correct according to my license. The 4 schedulable users are from the trial database. Do I need to clean up the trial data/users when looging in a manager/letmein user and set a user/password within the Ayanova program?

Also, QBI loads…takes time as our QB file is large and then I get error message that is the same about 4 schedulable users while licensed for 1.

I think I need to get the Ayanova Program to operate without the 4 scheduable users from the trial database and a login and then initiate program from QBI after I Ayanova3 working.

Suggestions?

Hi

The issue is not than that you are logged into the computer as ServiceUser, but the issue is that you still have four schedulable sample users active, but are only licensed for 1 schedulable user.

Erase the sample data. This will delete all workorders, sample users, as well as all data so that you start with a empty fresh database.

Once you dothe above, than you can create one schedulable user, and can then use QBI as well.

• Joyce

Ok. I set the login and password for Ayanova administrator and can log in. I am attempting to delete the trial schedulable users but cannot because Ayanova says they must remain to preserve data history.

I need the trialdata removed.

Hi again

The data can be erased from the same window where you applied the activation keycode.

Select Erase the entire database.

This information is also found within the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Wiping the AyaNova Database and Starting New” page 584. The AyaNova v3 Manual is available for download from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm and is highly recommended to be reviewed as it contains detailed information on all features, as well as tutorials and tips on use.

Once a user of type Schedulable User has been selected in a workorder, to maintain database integrity, the user can not be deleted - only set to Inactive, if there are no active workorders where that user is presently scheduled.

• Joyce

Thanks. I now have clean database.