Can you standardize the view for each user or do you have to setup the view on an individual basis?

Can you standardize the view for each user or do you have to setup the view on an individual basis?

AyaNova v3.1.1 Update:

When a new user is created, they “take” by default the grid settings of the AyaNova Administrator.

In an existing user’s entry screen, if you select the button Clear all user’s form customization, all grids and forms will revert to the AyaNova Administrator settings.

It is suggested to set up the AyaNova Administrator grid and screen settings first, than create new users.

Hi Joyce,

So if I understand correctly, the views for individual users can be edited during the session but once they close out and log back in, the views will revert to the default view set up under the manager acct?

HeadNerd (3/28/2006)Hi Joyce,

So if I understand correctly, the views for individual users can be edited during the session but once they close out and log back in, the views will revert to the default view set up under the manager acct?

Hi Mike

No.

The views only default back to the view settings of the AyaNova Administrator if you select in that user’s entry screen to clear all form settings.

Once a user has moved a column, or changed a screensize, etc - that is saved to that user’s grid and screen settings when they log out so it is there for the next time they login.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

• Joyce

I was hoping you were going to say that! We seem to be experiencing just the opposite. Have set the managers view setting up as we would like them to appear to all NEW users as our “base” view configuration. But when we are making changes and logging out and back in our individual view settings are not being saved. The button under the managers view to clear all saved forms is not of the check box variety and we haven’t been selecting it to clear customizations for the three of us…Any ideas as to why our views are not being saved? (sorry, I know that’s pretty vague) let me rephrase, what would help you to be able to help us?

Are you selecting Log Out from the menu bar, or Exit?

Me again.

I’ve just retested that (changing columns, screen settings, etc) and you are quite correct. AyaNova is not saving each indivdual view settings. The new feature of the Administrator’s views being set as the initial default for the user that we included is now overwriting users grid and screen settings.

We’re taking a look at this right now. will get back to you.

• Joyce

QuickFix to v3.1.2 is now available at http://forum.ayanova.com/Forum96-1.aspxto address this issue.

Let me know once applied to all stations this now works for you.

• Joyce