Cannot access server thtough data portal

hello

i have the server running with the firebird server. i have verufied asp.net numbers on the asp tab the default web site is set to port 6969 when i try to test the data portal through the internet explorer with the localhost or the ip address it says http 500 internal server error cannot display the web page. when i goto the cmd prompt i cannot ping my ip address i am hooked up to a wireless router and have port 6969 forwarded to 192.168.2.4 which is what comes up when i do an ipconfig. i have turned off the firewall and the norton internet security and it still does not work. any idease how i can get to be able to ping my cpomputers ip address . thanks

-what are you exactly entering via a cmd prompt when you are attempting to ping?
-What computer are you on in relation to the computer that you are attempting to ping? (i.e. are you on a second computer within the internal network, or trying to ping the computer you yourself are already on or ?)
-your topic subject says “cannot access server through data portal” but how are you attempting to access the server through the AyaNova database portal?
-what exactly are you entering when you say "try to test the data portal through the internet explorer with the localhost or the ip address " - provide exact of what you are typing in as URLs in the web browser on the server itself

• Joyce

what are you exactly entering via a cmd prompt when you are attempting to ping? ping 192.168.2.4

What computer are you on in relation to the computer that you are attempting to ping? (i.e. are you on a second computer within the internal network, or trying to ping the computer you yourself are already on or ?) on the same computer that is 1292.168.2.4
your topic subject says “cannot access server through data portal” but how are you attempting to access the server through the AyaNova database portal? i am just trying the test wsdl command what exactly are you entering when you say "try to test the data portal through the internet explorer with the localhost or the ip address "

1. Please provide all of the information that displays after entering ipconfig at a cmd prompt on this computer

2. when you enter “ping 192.168.2.4” (without the quotations of course), what precisely displays?

3. Do note that when entering in the URL that has the ip address, it too should include the port number with the ip address - i.e. http://192.168.2.4:6969/AyaNovaDP/dataportal.rem?wsdl

4. Are you successfully able to run and log intothe AyaNova program using that AyaNova.exe.config file that you provided in your first post?

• Joyce
  1. Provide all of the information that displays after entering ipconfig at a cmd prompt on this computer

dns suffix router: router

ip address…192.168.2.4

subnet…255.255.255.0

default gateway…192.168.2.1

ethernet adapter local area connection:

media state…media disconnected

1. when you enter “ping 192.168.2.4” (without the quotations of course), what precisely displays?

2. Do note that when entering in the URL that has the ip address, it too should include the port number with the ip address - i.e. http://192.168.2.4:6969/AyaNovaDP/dataportal.rem?wsdl yes 6969

3. Are you successfully able to run and log into the AyaNova program using that AyaNova.exe.config file that you provided in your first post? yes

• Joyce

That part of the ipconfig looks to me like it identifies that you have an issue with your connection

[i]ethernet adapter local area connection:

media state…media disconnected[/i]

I would suggest troubleshooting your wireless network card that is in this computer - perhaps re-applying the driver, double-checking the connection settings, making sure the wireless card has the ip address needed to be used, etc

For troubleshoting ideas, I suggest searching online for “media state media disconnected wireless” (without the quotations) and check out what other users have come across for solutions.

• Joyce

the local area connection is the wire i am not using i am using the wireless connection that came back with the 192.168.2.4 address. media stat disconnected is for my cat 5 connection that is not being used

But you were saying that you are not able to ping your own ip address - therefore I was making a suggestion regarding that.

500 error means there is something wrong on the server side - it couldmean hardware, it could mean drivers, it could be access rights, it couldmean software, it could mean a problem with IIS and .NET- exactly what it is it doesn’t say. A suggestion may be to run the .NET repair in case there is an issue with .NET and IIS or there may be a problem with IIS itself, or it may be that you do not have all of the operating systems recommended updates from Windows. Other than that, I would suggest starting from scratch and double-checking everything.

• Joyce

here si the screenshot

any help or ideas???

Yes, as per my previous post:

Did you re-apply your driver?

Did you do as suggested above

500 error means there is something wrong on the server side - it couldmean hardware, it could mean drivers, it could be access rights, it couldmean software, it could mean a problem with IIS and .NET- exactly what it is it doesn’t say. A suggestion may be to run .NET repair in case there is an issue with .NET and IIS . Or there may be a problem with IIS itself, or it may be that you do not have all of the operating systems recommended updates from Windows. Other than that, I would suggest starting from scratch and double-checking everything.

Did you check your hardware?

Did you check your drivers?

Did you check the access - IIS, firewall, etc?

Did you check IIS?

Did you run a repair on .NET?

Did you run a repair on IIS?

DId you check for Windows updates?

These are some suggestions to troubleshoot why you are experiencing an issue pinging your own ip address. Do post back and let us know what you find.

• Joyce