Cannot Backup using Firebird Batch File

After following the steps on the Manual and pointing the file to the right path I cannot backup the database, I get the following error

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>networkfirebirdsnapshot.ba
t

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM BEGIN SCRIPT

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM *** Create the backups
folder if it doesn’t already exist:

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>IF NOT EXIST E:\Backup\Aya
Nova MKDIR E:\Backup\AyaNova

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM *** Delete the oldest
copy and shuffle each existing copy to next position

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM *** This will produce
a harmless error at first until all 10 copies exist

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM *** error will not aff
ect backup

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>del “E:\Backup\AyaNova\AYA
NOVA10.FBK”
Could Not Find E:\Backup\AyaNova\AYANOVA10.FBK

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>ren “E:\Backup\AyaNova\AYA
NOVA09.FBK” AYANOVA10.FBK
The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>ren “E:\Backup\AyaNova\AYA
NOVA08.FBK” AYANOVA09.FBK

NOVA07.FBK” AYANOVA08.FBK

NOVA06.FBK” AYANOVA07.FBK

NOVA05.FBK” AYANOVA06.FBK

NOVA04.FBK” AYANOVA05.FBK

NOVA03.FBK” AYANOVA04.FBK

NOVA02.FBK” AYANOVA03.FBK

NOVA.FBK” AYANOVA02.FBK

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM *** Perform a Firebird
backup with verification

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>“C:\Program Files\Firebird
\Firebird_1_5\bin\gbak” -b -v -t -user SYSDBA -password “m0mentum” E:\Company Pr
ivate Folder\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB E:\Backup\AYANOVA.FBK
gbak: ERROR: unavailable database
gbak: Exiting before completion due to errors

C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3>REM END SCRIPT

Hi

I will point you towards thetopic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1084-90-1.aspxregarding the error “gbak: ERROR: unavailable database”

• Joyce

Hi again

Check your networkFirebirdsnapshot.bat file - the command line where it identifies where to back up the AYANOVA.FDB database from E:\Company Private Folder\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB - confirm that this iswhere the AYANOVA.FDB actually is.

Also, you will need to edit the line

C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\gbak" -b -v -t -user SYSDBA -password “m0mentum” E:\Company Private Folder\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB E:\Backup\AYANOVA.FBK

as it needsquotation marks around the path “E:\Company Private Folder\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB”- because there is a break between Company and Private and the command won’t understand that is part of the path

• Joyce

Well I followed the Manual that says copy and paste from the Ayanova Config :slight_smile: and that is how it is with the spaces. I also try manually the DOS mode E:\Compan~1\Ayanova\ayanova.fdb and still didn’t work. I will check the quotation but I just copied and pasted from the error message, so I know it has the quotation marks and everything.

The manual section and the sample networkFirebirdsnapshot.bat show as an example that the AyaNova database would be located in C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB - there is no break in any of the words, and therefore would not require quotation marks.

Whereas the path E:\Company Private Folder\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB does have a break in the path name, and therefore requires quotation marks, as does “C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\gbak” as shown in the example networkFirebirdsnapshot.bat file (break between Program and Files)

If you continue to experience an issue after editing the batch file as stated, do zip up and attach a copy of your networkFirebirdsnapshot.bat file. Do post back that this now works.

• Joyce