modify sysdba –pw aya78787

I get this error.

invalid parameter, no switch defined
error in switch specifications
Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to
set up a Firebird login.
unable to open database

Hi

1. Please confirm - do you get the GSEC prompt?

2. What exactly are you typing at the GSEC prompt?

• Joyce

I do not get to the prompt

Hi again Mark

1. Refer to topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1084-90-1.aspx and perform the steps stated.

2. If continue to experience an issue, re-confirm in detaileach of the steps taken in your reply (confirm rebooted fully, confirm checked Services that both Firebird services defintiely running, confirm installation details, etc)

3. If continue to experience the issue, attach a copy of your aliases.conf file andprovide confirmation of the actual location of the AyaNova database file by opening Windows Explorer on this same computer, moving to the location and identifying the exact path location.

If the issue is resolved, please do post back what step resolved the issue.

• Joyce

Hi again Mark

Did rebooting and confirming Firebird services allow you to get to the GSEC prompt?

Will you be sending the aliases.conf file that you edited for the location of the AyaNova database, and provide confirmation of the path via Windows Explorer?

• Joyce

No Joyce. It did not work. I have tryed everything that was listed.

Hi Mark

Let’s go back through all the possibilities - please double-check the following:

1. You downloaded theFirebird-1.5.3.4870-0-Win32.exe fromhttp://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=files&id=engine

2. You installed the SuperServer, not the Classic Server while physically logged into the computer as the computers administrator with full rights (not via terminal services, not logged in as another user)

3. You have rebooted the computer

4. You have confirmed in Services that both Firebird Guardian and Firebird Server services are running

5. When you open a DOS prompt, what exactly do you type in to move to the Firebird bin directory? (redo this and type in exactly as you would on the DOS prompt)

6. What shows as the prompt? (taken directly from the prompt right now)

7. Than what exactly is typed in? (redo this right now and type here exactly what you type at the prompt)

• Joyce

Joyce,

I have sent to you the information requested to support@ayanova.com

Hi Mark

Can you recheck and redo the exact steps above, and provide exactly what you see at the DOS prompt and what you enter at the prompt?

• Joyce

I ahve e-mailed you a copy of the command prompt. And yes I have retried.

Usually the messages “invalid parameter, no switch defined error in switch specification” occur because a command is not valid, or is not pre-fixed by a - symbol to indicate to the Firebird commands.

Can you send a screenshot of the bin directory contents - but set it to show details so I can see file names, date and size

• Joyce

Hi again Mark

Will you be sending a screenshot of the list of files in this directory?

Can you also right-click on the GSEC.EXE file, select Properties, select Version and provide what the version is for this file?

• Joyce

Sent them :slight_smile:

Thank you - looks good from those.

Have you unisntalled Firebird Manager, rebooted, reinstalled and reboot as recommended in the topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1084-90-1.aspx?

• Joyce

Yes I have.

Hi again Mark

I am not sure at this point why you are not able to access GSEC as you have confirmed all the requirements (local install, logged in as administrator to the computer, Firebird re-installed, Firebird services confirmed running, at the correct command prompt, using the correct syntax)as those are what the makers of Firebird state if not followed may result in being unable to run the command utilities.

I will continue to look on the Internet for any other postings by users of Firebird that may result in such an error message. It would be suggested to check your rights on the computer, and perhaps go through the steps again - uninstall, ensure logged in with full rights, reinstall, etc.

• Joyce

Joyce,

I just deleted everythind and thought I would start over. When I loaded Ayanova I got this message:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA.FDB”
Error while trying to open file

Stack Trace:
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.()

Hi

If you unistalled the Firebird Server, than the AyaNova database won’t be accessible as shown by the message received.

Install the Firebird Server, and reconfirm the aliases.conf is pointing to the correct location of the AyaNova database file.

• Joyce

Hi Mark

Did you re-install Firebird Server, and perform all the steps and are you now able to bring up the GSEC> command prompt?

• Joyce

Joyce,

I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried loading on two different computers. SAME THING.

I have even tried SQL. Now I cannot get the sql browser to run. It says “The service cannot be started. Either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it [0X80070422]”

Very frustrating. Your instructions say nothing on what to do IF you cannot confirm something is working.

Confirm both SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) and SQL Server Browser are running