Changing the workorder header

Hello,

We are wondering if there is a way to change the title of the “onsite” button (check box)that is above the “service completed” button or add another button check off on the workorder form? Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!

Hi Terry

Yes - by the Localized Text Designer feature.

Follow along with the steps in the How do I create new / customize an existing locale? (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) to get an overview of this feature.

Then once you have gone over the example steps, you will be editing the Standard Display Text for the key Workorder.Label.Onsite so that it says the text label you want it to be. And setting this locale you did this in as the Default Language in your user entry screen; then exit out of AyaNova and log back in so that it takes; and then open a workorder and you will see that the label now says what you changed it to.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

• Joyce

I was able to change the Workorder.Label.Onsiteto what I wanted it to say. I have noticed that when I did that it automatically has the box checked off when I create a work order. Where would I change it so that the box for this label is not checked off automatically when work order is created?

Thanks!

tstarrett (6/16/2009)I was able to change the Workorder.Label.Onsiteto what I wanted it to say. I have noticed that when I did that it automatically has the box checked off when I create a work order. Where would I change it so that the box for this label is not checked off automatically when work order is created?

Thanks!

Hi Terry, the Onsite checkmark field in a service workorder is by default checkmarked when you create a new workorder. I just noticed that the Help file about the service order header fields says incorrectly that it is not, so will have that edited as soon as possible.

If you prefer to have this unchecked when ever you create a new workorder, a suggestion is that you make a service workorder template with it unchecked, and set it as the Global Default Template in Global Settings so that whenever you create a new workorder for any client, it is always unchecked.

Or if you have specific clients that need it unchecked and others checked, you could make a service workorder template with it unchecked, and set that as the default template in that client’s entry screen.

Or make a service workorder template with it unchecked, and when you create a new workorder, select that workorder template to use.

Also see the Help file section on service workorder templates at (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

• Joyce

I think that should work. Thanks for your help!