Comany using program for vehicle type services

I am looking for a company or anyone that could possibly help answer some questions aboutusing AyaNova for scheduling and tracking heavy equipment repair/vehicle repair. There are a few things I would like to setup to do but I can’t figure this out like when scheduling PM’s I would like to be able to track say oil changes by mileage. Also I would like to track estimated hoursin work orders under the scheduled user subgrid not estimated quantity, that does me no good.

I would appreciated any help anyone could offer me setting up this software to suit the needs of our company.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie

This was posted in the General area of the forum and although we do not get notified of postings here, I noticed it as a new post - but I don’t have forum posts from you elsewhere in the forum with these questions?

Also I would like to track estimated hoursin work orders under the scheduled user subgrid not estimated quantity

You can change what the labels say using Localization.

By default, the field is labeled Estimated Quantity in the Scheduled Users sub-grid in a workorder. But you can change it to say Estimated Hours if you want.

Refer to the steps in the AyaNova v3 Manual section on customizing a locale starting on page 470

Basically, you create a custom locale, and than you localize what fields you want to display with different text.

For example, create a new custom locale with a new name (perhaps your company name for easy selection)
Open that custom locale
Find the Key called WorkorderItemScheduledUser.Label.EstimatedQuantity which presently has the Standard display text of Estimated Quantity
Edit the Standard display text so that it instead is Estimated Hours
Save the custom locale
Set AyaNova users to use this custom locale instead of the default English (idnetified in the section starting page 473)
When users next log in, the label will now display as Estimated Hours in the workorder’s Scheduled Users grid.

like when scheduling PM’s I would like to be able to track say oil changes by mileage.

Preventive Maintenance (PM’s) orders auto-convert based on the Service Date. There is not a field to convert based on an expected number or entered number.

A suggestionto keep track of what the mileage is for a unit (equipment) when service is performed is by enabling Unit Metered in that unit’s entry screen. Refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual section for Unit Meter Reading starting page 413 which includes two tutorials on entering unit meter readings manually, or to include the workorder #.

Another suggestion is to havecustom fields display in the workorder item - a custom field where you can enter the mileage of the unit whenever an oil change is made. Refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual section on adding custom fields via the Custom Field Designer starting page 476 and to the “TUTORIAL: Creating Custom Fields for a Workorder Item” starting page 234

If you have any questions on use, the AyaNova v3 Manual includes detailed ifnormation and tutorials. If you need additional information, or have additonal questions or are not sure on the information in the manual, do identify specifically what aspect, and we are happy to help.

• Joyce

Thanks Joyce I did find the section on meter reading so when I was setting up examples and doing the tutorial that is how I listed it. Thank you for the post about changing the text I saw that we could create custom fields but I didn’t know we could change the text.