Contract rate not showing for selection in workorder if more than one contract has the same rate

NOTE: refer to the latest version of AyaNova quickfix steps or full update steps as this file is no longer needed with the latest version.
Issue:
A contract (i.e. First Contract) has a contract rate (i.e. Gold Service Rate) selected in it, and set to limited to show only contract rates.
A second contract rate (i.e. Second Contract) also has the same contract rate (Gold Service Rate) selected to show in it, and set to limited to show only contract rates.
If a client is set to use the second contract (i.e. Second Contract) , in a workorder for that client, the Gold Service Rate will not show.

Fix:[ol]
[li]Make sure you are using AyaNova 5.0.2.0 by checking your Help -> About AyaNova[/li][li]Exit out of all AyaNova programs (i.e. the AyaNova user interface, network Generator if running, web sites for Data Portal and/or WBI and/or MBI if applicable)[/li][li]Download the latest file FIX5.0.2.0GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.zip[/li][li]Delete the existing GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.dll file dated 4/23/2009 from the C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova folder[/li][li]Use WinZIp to extract the GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.dll file dated 5/20/2009 from the winzip file and place in the C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova folder[/li][li]If AyaNova is networked, replace the GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.dll file in each networked computers AyaNova folder.[/li][li]If using WBI 5.0.2, on the server in the C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNovaWBI5/bin folder, also replace the GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.dll file[/li][li]Don’t forget to restart your AyaNova programs (i.e. Data Portal, network Generator, WBI, MBI etc)[/li][/ol]