Creating one PM to generate one Service Workorder that has multiple workorder items for the month

An AyaNova user emailed us that she wanted a PM to generate to the same workorder - “adding to it” for each week of the month for service on Monday.

A PM can only generate a new workorder - it can not generate to an existing workorder adding to it.

I wanted to post here my suggestion to her to make a single PM for the client for the month with each service identified in its own workorder item record.

For example:

1. Create a PM with Next Service Date of Sept 1 2008 with Monday as the desired day, 1 month as the Generate Time Span (to generate a new wo each month), and Threshold Time Span how many days ahead you want it to generate.
  2. In the first workorder item enter something like “1st week service” and in that workorder item create a Scheduled Users record with the Start Date same as the Next Service Date Sept 1 2008 8AM selecting the scheduled user and entering Stop Date of Sept 1 2008 9AM etc
  3. Create a second workorder item enter something like “2nd week service” and in that workorder item create a Scheduled Users record with the Start Date Date of Sept 8 2008 8AM selecting the scheduled user and entering Stop Date of Sept 8 2008 9AM etc
  4. Create a third workorder item enter in something like “3rd week service” and in that workorder item create a Scheduled Users record with the Start Date Date of Sept 15 2008 8AM selecting the scheduled user and entering Stop Date of Sept 15 2008 9AM etc
  5. And so on as many workorder items as you want to cover the weeks in any month (note some months may only have 4 “Mondays” and some months may have 5 “Mondays” - so she would have to manually edit some months)
  6. What will happen when the PM generates the workorder is that it will have the multiple workorder items each scheduling the user for the different weeks. And when the PM generates the workorder, it (the PM) will reset itself for the next month (i.e. Next Service Date will be Oct 6 2008 (as that is the first Monday of the month), with the 1st week service Scheduled Users record scheduled Start Date as Oct 6 2008, the 2nd week service Scheduled Users record scheduled Start Date as Oct 13 and so on