Customizing Sales Quotes

Hello,

I would like to make the following customizations to the sales quote:

1. Eliminate the Tax B from the form completely. I have already done so throughout the form but when I remove the total at the very bottom I get errors.

2. We require a 50% deposit of the sales quote/agreement total (including tax) in order to proceed with our order. I need to create this item and subsequent calculation along the bottom of the report where the grand totals go. Calculation needed is Quote Total \ 50%.

3. I want to change the quantity from five decimal places to only two decimal places.

Thanks,

Cory

Hi Cory

1. Eliminate the Tax B from the form completely. I have already done so throughout the form but when I remove the total at the very bottom I get errors.
Perhaps this is because the existing Tax B total that is placed in that control field you deleted in the sample report template you are customizing is obtained via scripts. Which means when you delete the control itself on the design panel, you also need to delete the corresponding script for that control field so that no errors occur because the script can not find the control field.
What I normally do is identify the exact Name of the control field I want to delete, then view Scripts for that report template, and find the script that specifically references that name, and then comment them out/delete the script.

It would be highly recommended that you work with a copy of your existing customized report template, so that you can make changes, and then Preview to see if errors are now resolved, and if not, easily just make a new copy of the existing report template if needed.

2. We require a 50% deposit of the sales quote/agreement total (including tax) in order to proceed with our order. I need to create this item and subsequent calculation along the bottom of the report where the grand totals go. Calculation needed is Quote Total \ 50%.
I would suggest creating a script that multiples 50% against the running grand total, and display it in a control field.
Check out the many examples of using scripts to come up with different amounts such as topic Manual-muliplication-of-quantity-by-part-price-via-scripts , topic Sample-report-template-displaying-individual-tax-totals-at-bottom-of-report , and topic Sample-Detailed-Workorder-report-template-where-totals-derived-from-scripts

3. I want to change the quantity from five decimal places to only two decimal places.
Perhaps this forum topic is what is needed:
How to account for trailing zeros in reports using SQL Server

If any questions or specifics desired, do send all as per #3 of forum topic Custom-report-templates

• what specific version of AyaNova are you using? (select menu Help -> About AyaNova -> provide the full number, not just the first number please i.e. 7.0.4.12)

• if customizing an existing sample report template, confirm you HAVE created a copy of the original and working with the copy, not the original.

• export the copy of the report template to a file and attach along with any questions (see Help section http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/exporting_a_report_template.htm for how to export a report template file)

• what grid and/or entry screen is this report template from?

• identify the specific Name of the quantity controlfield you are referring to in #3 above so I know which exact field you are referring to in the report template

• Joyce