Default rows displayed

Hi there

Is there a facility where we can change the default number of rows displayed in the grid forall areas — Clients, Workorders, PM etc.?

When you log in the systemcurrently defaults to 100 rows, but we would like the default to display all rows. I am aware that the lower value reduces the time to display the items but the size of our businessis such that we would rather be able to always default to display all rows.

Regards - Brian

Hi Brian

At present, the default is set to display always the first 100 rows for the reason you say.

I will move this to the Wish List section of this forum. We can certainly look into adding as a Global Default setting to change which is the default that displays.

• Joyce

bdavis (11/23/2006)Hi there

Is there a facility where we can change the default number of rows displayed in the grid forall areas — Clients, Workorders, PM etc.?

When you log in the systemcurrently defaults to 100 rows, but we would like the default to display all rows. I am aware that the lower value reduces the time to display the items but the size of our businessis such that we would rather be able to always default to display all rows.

Regards - Brian

Hello Brian, we’ve examined your request and tried to find a way to add it that won’t impact users negatively but just couldn’t see how it can be done.

It would create a problem that this feature was added to avoid in the first place. While it may seem weird when you have a smaller amount of data it will be very handy when you have a lot of data. Remember that large dataset retrieval affects no only the time you wait, but the time every other user waits for the database server.

If we add this feature it will impact negatively on a great many of our clients with large datasets that do not want thier users tying up the database retrieving data that they probably won’t even look at. The default of 100 was chosen to ensure people use the filtering capacity properly to limit their results as they should for the benefit of all the other users on the system at the same time.

I know where you are coming from on this, you may not even have more than one user in there at a time, but we looked at it and tried to figure out a way we could add the feature without impacting existing users and it’s just not possible.