dual monitor issue...

Currently when you are working with Ayanova CE 1.9.4.4, on a laptop with two monitors hooked to it, everything works great, you can have the main window in the secondary display, and the prompts come up in the main display to enter/edit things…

If you have a desktop that has two graphics card made by two different vendors, in this case, Intel and Nvidia, there is an issue with it as the windows to input data do not appear on the primary display… I have also tried this with two Nvidia cards, and two ATI cards, still the same problem…

Thanks!

Paul Haskew

TekWorks INC

San Diego, CA

Hello Paul

AyaNova CE 1.9.4.4 was designed as a standard Windows program, but wasn’t designed specially for dual monitor support or dual video card support, nor wastested or confirmed dual monitor / dual video compatible.We do not have such a set up here to try out or confirm this. Does someone else perhaps have such a setup that they can provide Paul with suggestions to check on?

We do have the beta AyaNova v3 available for testing (must be logged into the AyaNova Support Forum to access)if you are interested in downloading and seeing if this works with dual video. Again, we have not designed AyaNova v3 for dual monitor or video card compatiblitiy, nor will be testing it to ensure compatibility, but it would be interesting to have you post in the (the next generation AyaNova) what you see.

Hi Paul,

You might want to try a Video card which has dual output. I have 2 LCD hooked up to an ATI 9200 se and I am able to configure the screens as I like, something like the way you do with a laptop. You will need a DVI to Vga adapter for one of the outputs.

Regards,

Cono

The video cards I have been trying are single d-sub only, or dvi only… so I am guessing a video card such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814139160 will fix the issue…

Thanks for the heads up…