Error when attempting to email report

I receive the following error whenever I attempt to email a report, no matter what format I select:

Unhandled exception:
Unable to find an entry point named ‘MAPILogon’ in DLL ‘MAPI32.DLL’.
System.EntryPointNotFoundException

Stack Trace:
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Native.MAPI.MAPILogon(IntPtr hwnd, String profileName, String password, Int32 flags, Int32 reserved, IntPtr& session)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Native.MAPI.Logon(IntPtr hwnd)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Native.MAPI…ctor(IntPtr handle, String filePath, String mailSubject, String mailBody)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Control.PrintControl.PSCommandHandler.SendEmail(String fileType, ArrayList items)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Control.PrintControl.PSCommandHandler.HandleSendPdf(Object[] args, PrintControl printControl)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Control.PrintControl.PSCommandHandler.HandleCommand(PrintingSystemCommand command, Object[] args, PrintControl printControl, Boolean& handled)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Control.PrintControl.ExecCommandInternal(PrintingSystemCommand command, Object[] args)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.PrintingSystem.ExecCommandInternal(PrintingSystemCommand command, Object[] args, PrintControl printControl)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Control.PrintControl.ExecCommand(PrintingSystemCommand command)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Preview.PrintPreviewBar.HandleButtonClick(PrintPreviewBarButton btn)
at DevExpress.XtraPrinting.Preview.PrintPreviewBar.OnButtonClick(ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hi
Please provide the following:

From what grid or screen are you printing from in AyaNova
Provide the exact name of the report template selected to print
Is this a customized report template or a sample report template provided with AyaNova
Are you able to send the report template via email if you select a report template that is standard and has not been customized by yourself? Provide exact names of report templates you do get and do not get this message with.
Please provide exact steps that are taken to send a report via email and at what point you receive the message - for example:
Have opened sample data workorder #40 from the Service Workorder grid in the Service navigation pane
Have selected to print the Sample Dispatching Report - this report template has not been edited from the original sample
The Print Preview screen displays for the report
I select the Send Email… menu option drop down - PDF is presently selected.
I select the Send Email… menu option
The Save As… dialogue window displays, and I edited the file as WO40.pdf in the directory C:\Temp
I click on Save
My Outlook email program opens to a new message with this file already attached from where I can now enter in the email address and message as desired.

• Joyce

It’s the Sample Dispatch Report from the work order screen. It’s only been slightly customized.However, printing from a non-customized report creates the same issue.

1. Opened work order #72

2. Clicked on the pull down menu next to the print button, selected sample dispatch report

3. Preview comes up

4. Click on the Email icon (can also click on the pull down and select any format I want with the same results)

5. Save screen comes up, save report

6. report is saved successfully (verified by going to same directory I saved it in and seeing report)

7. Error comes up before email loads.

Hi
We haven’t encountered such a message before, but from your information and what the message says, it appears to occur around the point where the Devexpress printing engine (used by AyaNova for printing and report templates) passes to Windows operating system to open your email program’s new email message window.

Let’s troubleshoot and gather some informatin that may point in the direction of what is the cause:

What is your operating system - Win2000, WinXP, or Win2003?
Is all Windows Updates applied to this computer (via Windows Updates)?
What is the email program installed on this computer? - provide program name and version number.
Does this email program work - can you run the email program directly and send an email message?
Can you run the email program directly and send an attachment with an email message?
Do you have Microsoft Word on this computer? If so, open a small document in Word, select File -> Send To… -> Mail Recipient (as Attachment). This should open a new email message window where you would enter in an email address, and send the mail message and attachment - does it do so?
Open Internet Explorer -> select menu Help -> About Internet Explorer - what is the version of Internet Explorer
Select menu Tools -> Internet Options… -> select the Programs tab -> what is the program selected for E-mail: ?
What other choices are there for email programs to be possibly selected in the drop down list?
Perform a search on your entire hard drive for the file MAPI32.DLL - list the paths for all instances of MAPI32.DLL and each occurance of MAPI32.DLL file’s size and file date.

The above information may give me more details to do searches on the Internet for possible causes and solutions. The more information you can provide, the better.

• Joyce

Let’s troubleshoot and gather some informatin that may point in the direction of what is the cause: What is your operating system - Win2000, WinXP, or Win2003?

Windows 2003 Server - Is all Windows Updates applied to this computer (via Windows Updates)?

Yes, they’ve all been updated. What is the email program installed on this computer? - provide program name and version number

I’ve tried this with Outlook Express and Outlook XP Does this email program work - can you run the email program directly and send an email message?

Yes. Can you run the email program directly and send an attachment with an email message?

Yes. Do you have Microsoft Word on this computer?If so, open a small document in Word, select File -> Send To… -> Mail Recipient (as Attachment).This should open a new email message window where you would enter in an email address, and send the mail message and attachment - does it do so?

Didn’t install Word on it, however right clicking on a file and going to send to and mail recip does work. I can install word if it’s a needed step. Open Internet Explorer -> select menu Help -> About Internet Explorer - what is the version of Internet Explorer

Select menu Tools -> Internet Options… -> select the Programs tab -> what is the program selected for E-mail: ?

Outlook express.What other choices are there for email programs to be possibly selected in the drop down list?

Outlook express, Outlook, Hotmail Perform a search on your entire hard drive for the file MAPI32.DLL - list the paths for all instances of MAPI32.DLL and each occurance of MAPI32.DLL file’s size and file date.

c:\exchangesvr\bin date on 6/3/2003
c:\windows\system32 on 6/3/2003
C:\ClientApps\outlook2003\FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 on 12/10/2002

The above information may give me more details to do searches on the Internet for possible causes and solutions. The more information you can provide, the better.

Hi

I remember reading something on a post on the Internet to do with MAPI locations, different versions and issues with exchange server installed or used at the same time causing MAPI to go all snakey. I’m going to do a search on the Internet on this and see if I can find the posts again, and will post back here what I find and hopefully a suggestion to resolve this issue.

• Joyce

While I am searching on the Internet, please perform the following and let me know the results of each step:
-Have AyaNova closed
-Open Internet Explorer
-Select Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab
-Change the Email: field from Outlook Express to Outlook
-Save and close Internet Explorer
-Click on this email address support@ayanova.com
-Does the Outlook program now automatically create a new mail message - or is it still an Outlook Express new mail message?
-Now log into AyaNova, select to print preview a report, select to email, save the file - does an Outlook new email message window now open?

• Joyce

Hi again

I’m seeing that you have three different locations of the MAPI file, plus two different versions.

What I’ve been reading is that Exchange uses server side components of email, whereas Outlook uses client side components - and the two clash, besides using different MAPI versions.

To see this for yourself, install AyaNova on a different computer that does not have Exchange installed - either install another trial, or connect to the shared AyaNova database on the 2003 server via the network configuration instructions in the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Additional Installation & Configuration”). Once this non-Exchange computer has AyaNova installed, log into AyaNova, select to print preview and email.

If you need to email reports when logged into the AyaNova program running on this Win2003server, what may address this is to remove Outlook from this computer - this may allow attachments to be sent using the default installed Outlook Express. You may also have to remove HotMail off of it too.

I’ve tested this on a Win2003 server here, and if Outlook Express is the only email program, using the Email… option for a report attachment works just fine.

First reverse the steps in the previous topic suggestion (put Outlook Express back as the default Email: program for IE)
Than un-install Outlook XP
Make sure you reboot
Open AyaNova, print preview, email, save the file, and determine if an Outlook Express new email message now opens with the file attached.

You might need to refer to the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301- as Office products (including Outlook) sometimes don’t un-install cleanly - leaving lots of files that continue to cause issues.

Do post back here your results and if you have any questions.

• Joyce

Unfortunatly we have off site dispatchers one day a week and that is why we needed this to run from the server. I was off in that it’s not windows 2003 server, it’s windows small business server 2003. I think the issue at hand is that it’s getting a hicup between the install Mapi and the exchange mapi.

Did what you suggested. Server is just running Outlook Express. Removed outlook. Ran the fix tool. Still getting the same error.

Hi again

When you say you have off-site dispatchers, do you mean that you are running AyaNova v3 on a remote computer, and connecting via the AyaNova Data Portal with the AyaNova database on this Win2003 server?

Or do you mean that users are running the AyaNova v3 program on this win2003 server using terminal services?

What is the AyaNova configuration?

Is this a stand-alone AyaNova installation where the AyaNova program is installed to C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3 along with the AyaNova database file AYANOVA.FDB in the same directory

Or have you configured for network access Firebird or SQL?

Where is the AyaNova database, where is the AyaNova program files

Fom what computer are you running the AyaNova program in relation to the AyaNova database and how are you connecting between the two?

• Joyce