*Expanded Banked Service tooltip now in AyaNova 4*

The ability to have the banked services have hard limits and not go into negatives would be much better. The abilityto bank services wheneverything is depleted makes it all too easy to not properly bill items. Especially with the auto $0 billing of banked itemswhen utilizing PTI.

Getting a warning when attempting to bank hours that it’s been depleted, or that banking the service will go over the limit and give an optionto only bank the balance and bill the rest, etc.Anything along those lines would be agreat help.This would clearly require some kind of split up of the hour, dollar, and incident banking.

Hi Chris

What will be available with AyaNova 4 is a “tooltip” showing the balance for hours, incidents and currency in the Labor subsection of a workorder when you hover your mouse over the Banked Service column symbol. This way you can see at a glance whether you will go over the Banked Service balance before you apply your labor to it.

This is in addition to the ability that has always been available - where you can see the Banked Service balances by using the Client jump button in the workorder to view the Client entry screen, click on the Banked Service jump button and view the Banked Service grid for that client.

• Joyce

I still want to add this as a wish list item to separate out the banked services and not allow a negative as an option.

Here’s a couple scenarios… Say for computer support you give the option of banking phone support as per incident and onsite as hourly. By tracking the way it currently does there is no way to independantly track these items.

Currently say there are .5 hrs left in a banked situation and you have to bill 1 hr. Now you would either bank that and it would go negative, or you would have to create separate labor items and bank the .5 then bill the .5 separately. This would apply to anything with regards to partial time or dollar amount. If you don’t allow the negative then it can bank the partial and calculate the additional that needs to actually be billed without the added steps to manually put it in.

Right now it’s simply a tracking tool and is only useful in very specific situations. By making each bank type independant, making it more intuitive, and having finite values it could be a very valuable part of Ayanova.

Thanks,

Chris

I have a similar situation where e.g. we provide support at $100 p/h for 60 hours per month and anything over 60 hours get billed at $125 p/h. The customer pays us a fixed amount of $6000 per month (for 60 hours) and anything over those 60 needs to get billed in one invoice (both rates 100 and 125)at $125. I need an easy way to set this up. If I’m understanding banked hour right this is not possible right now. Correct???

Darrell

Hi Darrell

Right now with AyaNova 4, you can view what the present balance is of Banked Service before you apply the banked service. This way you can determine yourself if you want to apply to banked service or bill it out to another rate etc.

AyaNova 5 will also in addition display what the resulting balance will be if the labor is applied -so you do not have to do the multiplication of rate x hours yourself to see if it puts the balance into the negative. And this way you can either cancel out of applying to banked service if it puts it into the negative, or going through with it and applying if ok.

Banked Service does not have the ability to detemine itself whether a labor record should be billed at a specific rate or not - the rate selected is set by yourself.

• Joyce

Thanks for the reply Joyce,

So if I understand this correctly, what I could do is create every month the 60 hours of banked service in Ayanova.
When applying labor I need to check to see if I’m not running out of hours. If I ran out of hours, I need to bill this seperataly at $125.00 (not banked). Am I correct?

I also want Ayanova to create all invoices for me so is there anything to be done regarding the banked service hours being posted as 0.00. Is there a way to specify the fixed monthly fee and additional hours in Ayanova so the invoice gets created automatically with the QBI. I want to, if possible, to not use quickbooks itself to create invoices at all.

Grtz,

Darrell

So if I understand this correctly, what I could do is create every month the 60 hours of banked service in Ayanova.
When applying labor I need to check to see if I’m not running out of hours. If I ran out of hours, I need to bill this seperataly at $125.00 (not banked). Am I correct?

Correct

I also want Ayanova to create all invoices for me so is there anything to be done regarding the banked service hours being posted as 0.00. Is there a way to specify the fixed monthly fee and additional hours in Ayanova so the invoice gets created automatically with the QBI. I want to, if possible, to not use quickbooks itself to create invoices at all.

As per the QBI Help file section on banked labor (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) [/b] QBI will identify if a labor item in an AyaNova workorder has been banked via Banked Service, and will always invoice that at 0$ amount.

So if the labor record is NOT banked, [/b] (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) QBI will bill it out at the AyaNova labor rate [b]in the AyaNova workorder

And if the labor record IS banked, QBI will bill it out at 0$

• Joyce