Generate a notification from a newly created quote

Hi Joyce & co,

Been asked if this is possible by our sales team…Is there a way that I can generate a notification (either email for our clients and memo internally) for a newly created quote. As part of our Q.A. system, every service job must be quoted for, and an order number provided by the client before any work is started. So the quote grid in Ayanova is always the first place where equipment is entered when it arrives with us.

This would be a real benefit for our clients and Account managers. Other than this small issue, all is going great.

Thanks Again

Chris

Direct Telecom Services Ltd

Hi Chris

No, there are no client notifications that are Quotes related at this time.

The available notifications for clients at this time are as outlined in the Help documentation http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova6webHelp/client_notifications2.htmwhen a CSR is Accepted, when a CSR is Rejected, a New WO is created, when a WO Status is Changed, when a WO is Closed, anda Follow Upfor a WO xx time frame after it has been closed.

Can you expand a bit more about the process so that this can be put on development’s list to look in as a possiblenew feature in the next version of AyaNova?

You’ve got "As part of our Q.A. system, every service job must be quoted for, and an order number provided by the client before any work is started. So the quote grid in Ayanova is always the first place where equipment is entered when it arrives with us." but give the actual process that actually happens (i.e. client drops off XXX equipment, xxxx creates a new quote, XXX emails quote to client, client ok’s quote and responds with order number, order number entered into quote, quote used to generate service workorder…) as well as what you would like to have happen at what process step. Just want to make sure that development has step by step what the process is that you actually do, as well as what you would like.

I will move this to the Wish List section for you so that you can reply to it right there.

• Joyce

Hi
Sorry for the delay in getting back, been busy doing my “full-time” job!
Yes for clients who we have allocated a web login for-all is fine as you say we can subscribe to be notified of a new CSR, but for many of our clients the radio equipment simply “appears” via courier for service.
In this instance, we need to provide a notification for our internal account managers that an item from customer X has been received for repair and as the item has arrived without an order number, this would need to be treated as a new quotation. This notification will allow a. the accounts team to be aware of a new “adhoc” service request. b. be helpful in our repair turnaround procedure for our QA manager, i.e staff will be notified as soon as the equipment has come through the door.
It would be useful if we have the ability to allow a client user to subscribe to the newly entered quote status as they would know that their kit has arrived with us.
In addition we could do with a couple more quote status’s so the guys in the office have a more accurate view of where each item is at in the system, we need something like the following:

New -Brand new entry
In process - Equipment is being evaluated for quotation
Submitted / Wating -Quote sent to customer
Awarded - Order Number issued - Work order created
Not Awarded - Customer has not accepted quotation
B.E.R.- Equipemt is deemed Beyond Economical Repair

What would be slick is if a workorder could be automatically created once the quote status is set to Awarded
(just a thought!!)
Another essay I know, but Ayanova has got so much in it, it takes a little while to figure out what it cannot do.

Cheers
Chris

Just wanted to update this Wish List post - with the upcoming AyaNova 7, quote related:

1. There are now a total of 6 possible Quote statuses as per http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/quotes_entry_screen.htm Of course, you can also localize these to display as any text needed to!

2. Client can now be notified when a quote is set to a certain status - see also http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/client_notifications2.htm

3. User can now subscribe to be notified when a new quote has been created or modified - see also http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/notification_subscriptions_ava.htm