Generating a custom report for bank of hours

Is there a way to generate a custom report that will give us the customer name, the starting number of bank hours on the 1st day of the month, the number of hours used during the month, and the number of hours remaining in the month? For example, Ted’s Yo-Yo company has a contract for 12 hours of support every month. As it’s getting near the end of the month, I would like to find out how many hours they have left for support. Let’s say Ted has used 7.5 hours. I would like something similar:

Client Starting Monthly Bank of HoursHours Currently Used Hours remaining

Ted’s12.007.50 12.50

Also, is there a way for the program to automatically refresh itself after a workorder entry is made? For example, when I enter in the hours under labor and click on green icon on the right to permanently enter the hours used, I notice that when I generate the report to see how many hours the customer has used, it is incorrect. I have to hit the refresh button from the Client grid for it to update. This could be a problem with multiple users trying to determine how many hours have been used. Thanks.

Is there a way to generate a custom report that will give us the customer name, the starting number of bank hours on the 1st day of the month, the number of hours used during the month, and the number of hours remaining in the month? For example, Ted’s Yo-Yo company has a contract for 12 hours of support every month. As it’s getting near the end of the month, I would like to find out how many hours they have left for support. Let’s say Ted has used 7.5 hours.

If referring to a report from the Clients grid in AyaNova 4, the fields available are Customer Name and Hours Balance. Starting Monthly Bank of Hours and Hours used so far that month is not available from the Client grid reports. No, a report with such fields is therefore not available

Do note the Banked Service reports from the Banked Service entry screen. When you install AyaNova 4, it comes with 4 sample report templates that you can use or further customize. Those example report templates will show the balance at the time of printing as well as details of all entries for Banked Balance for that particular client so you can see via a report from the Banked Service entry screen itself what has been debited etc.

Also do note that there are a number of ways to view this information quickly too:

In the AyaNova 4 Help file section on the Labor subsection of a workorder entry screen (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) at the bottom is a section on Banked Service via Labor showing two ways you can see what the present balance is before entering anything.

1. Click on the Client jump button at the top of the workorder to open the client entry screen, and click on the Banked Service button in the client entry screen

Note in the screenshot above we have the Banked Service grid sorted by the Entered date so that we can easily see that as of the last entry, the Hours Balance is 2.

1. Or hover your mouse over the Banked Service column at the top of the Labor grid records, and it will display what the balance is for currency, hours and incidents at the time that workorder was first opened.

Also, is there a way for the program to automatically refresh itself after a workorder entry is made? For example, when I enter in the hours under labor and click on green icon on the right to permanently enter the hours used, I notice that when I generate the report to see how many hours the customer has used, it is incorrect. I have to hit the refresh button from the Client grid for it to update. This could be a problem with multiple users trying to determine how many hours have been used. Thanks.

The AyaNova 4 program automatically does refresh the grid shown itself every five minutes, and also therefore refreshes the data retrieved for reports every five minutes.

• Joyce

It there a way to change the refresh default to 1 minute?

Hi again Bleu, no - AyaNova 4is internally coded to refresh every five minutes and this can not be changed. If you require a refresh earlier than that, select the Refresh menu option on the grid.

• Joyce