Generator Issue

We have something happen here and now we are getting this error o our server and the generator does not generate PMs, any event notification or anything it is supposed to. We have uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as reregister .NET. Not sure what happened but as of Jan 31, 2014 this issue has been occurring and we cannot seem to resolve it on our own. Below are some detail please let me know what else you would like.

Running AyaNova 7.2 hf 9 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise. The error is coming up every 5 minutes with what I assume is the generator attempting to run. It is showing the following in the detail of the error “Object is not valid and can not be saved”. As well the following is listed in the event viewer as well: Product Name Microsoft .NET Framework, Product Version 4.0.30319.18408, Event ID 0, Event Source AyaNovaGenerator, Locale ID 1033. Is there a log file you would like to get sent or anything. Any help on this would be appreciated as we have exhausted our known options.

Hello Fouralarm

What I would recommend first is re-do your actual Generator installation steps, step by step, taking care to double-check each and every step, provide what happens at each step, as well as context in regards to each step, so together you and I can start troubleshooting where the issue is coming from:

For example:

Step 1 of http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/network_generator_installation.htm
What is your network configuration for AyaNova? Using what exact database server and version?
Provide a copy of the ayalog.txt and config.txt file from your server’s AyaNova program folder (identify the exact folder provided from, confirm that the Generator service is also run from this same folder)
Identify exactly how you confirm that the Generator is not installed on any other computer on your network?
Identify exactly how you confirm that QBI is NOT installed on this server, as you wrote that your server is Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise?

Step 2
Before proceeding: identify exactly by what method(s) you confirmed that your server is presently running AyaNova 7.2 hotfix 9 as you wrote.
Open Windows Explorer on your server, move to your server’s AyaNova program folder, what is the date of your Generatgor.exe file? (usually referred to as the Modified Date)
Right-click on the Generator.exe file, select Properties, what is the exact full version numbers for this file (all versions are minimum 4 numbers in the format x.x.x.x)?
Now redo the steps again for installing Generator as outlined ** make sure you are using the most recently released AyaNovaSetup.exe file. Easiest way to confirm that, is to download the latest**
AND in your reply identify step by step exactly what you see, what you select, for each and every step of the install including the exact folder where you ran the AyaNovaSetup.exe from, what other file are in that folder, how you confirmed that other file in that folder IS the config.txt file that should be in there, etc as well as confirming no issues and no conflicts when installed.
Now confirm again, how do you now confirm that your server is still running the latest AyaNova version 7.2.0.0(hotfix 9)?
And confirm again information on the now just installed Generator:
Open Windows Explorer on your server, move to your server’s AyaNova program folder, what is the date of your Generatgor.exe file? (usually referred to as the Modified Date)
Right-click on the Generator.exe file, select Properties, what is the exact full version numbers for this file (all versions are minimum 4 numbers in the format x.x.x.x)?

Step 3
Provide your steps you took and what you see to confirm that your server’s Generator now loads correctly and stays running successfully.
If does not then as you are just now attempting to load it, check your Event Viewer Applications logs etc, to provide all actual full text of any errors occuring during this time you attempted to connect and run successfully

If is now successful, then confirm how you set to load automatically. and continue to step 4

step 4
Provide step by step details of your generator testing steps.

• Joyce

I apologize for the late delay. We did a COMPLETE uninstall from the server with a restart and a complete fresh new install with files downloaded from your site. Only AyaNova and its associated modules were uninstalled and reinstalled, we did not reinstall any .NET or other Windows related software. After everything rebooted it all came back online with no issue. The server has not generate any errors since and seems to be smooth as ice. I can send some detail on the errors and initial install. I did take version information and some screen shots of issues before the uninstall. Not sure why it worked this time as his was our 3rd attempt to remove and reinstall?? You posts are magic…but I again certainly appreciate your prompt reply and excellent service all over the board.

Great to hear resolved!
Sounds like most likely the issue in your case was that there may have been different versions of different aspects of AyaNova program previously loaded, and in your case by redoing the program installation for AyaNova and for Generator, you ensured all was the same version.
Glad you are back up and running and thank you for letting us know.

Joyce

Wanted to post here for the benefit of anyone else experiencing this issue.
A service company using AyaNova experienced the error message (the error description associated with a failed Service log) “Object is not valid and can not be saved” trying to load the network AyaNova Generator.
In this company’s situation, they noticed that the .NET 4.x complement language pack was not installed, and installed it.
Once installed, restarted the Generator service which worked.

Please note that in addition to the possible solutions posted in this forum topic, this error may be a result of something wrong with the .NET 4.x Framework. Reinstalling or installing a component of the .NET 4.x Framework may resolve