Gripes about the MDI

Working with the MDI for about a week now, and here are a few items I am having trouble with:

1. On a labor entry, why doesn’t it default to a service rate quantity that is the difference between start and stop times? Along these same lines, I get an error if I leave it blank (hoping the system will calculate the difference) and I am not able to enter in the number of minutes (with a colon in the number).

2. How does one scroll through WO Items? It seems to be perpetually stuck on item #2. I would like to be able toadd WO items.

3. Not able to set the overall WO status (“On Site”, “In Process”, “Complete”). It may be because I have multiple WO items. I don’t know.

Already mentioned:

No access to Task list.

No access to parts.

Hello - do sign your name so that I can address you directly.

Regarding

why doesn’t it default to a service rate quantity that is the difference between start and stop times?
" "

The Service Rate quantity does default to what you have setin Scheduled Users if you converted it to labor; or it defaults to 1 when you create a new labor record.

1.use the “Convert scheduled user to labor” as it will copy who was scheduled, starting date/time, end date/time, quantity and the Service Rate for you at the click on one link.

1. Or click on Labor, select New… and if using MBI 5, the Service start is preentered for you from the time you click, the Service Stop is an hour later, and the Service Rate Quantity of 1 will be pre-entered for you.

And you can of course edit as needed.

If you have edited the start and stop time, no - it does not default to determining what the difference is - you need to manually enter in the Service Rate Quantity in that case.

Regarding

Along these same lines, I get an error if I leave it blank (hoping the system will calculate the difference)
" "

I have just tested it, leaving the Service Rate Quantity field blank and I get no error. If you open the labor record a second time, you will see that it has been set to 0 if you have left it blank. I am not able to recreate any issue.

Please provide step by step exactly what is in each field, exactly what you enter, what you click etc - and provide the full text of any error message.<P Regarding

I am not able to enter in the number of minutes (with a colon in the number)
" " <P Please be specific. Provide exactly what is there to begin with, what you are entering and what is meant exactly by “I am not able to enter…” Provide details so that I can recreate<P " " I am assuming as you wrote regarding regardingTasks and Parts again, that you have not read our reply to that you posted in the Wish List? Do see http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic4824-65-1.aspxI would recommend that you review the MBI section in the Help file as it does go through what features MBI does have.

If you wish access to features such as Tasks and Parts, setting the Workorder Status for the whole workorder, access to other workorder items you are not assigned to, adding new workorder items, then it is recommended that the optional add-on WBI be utilized for these needs.

• Joyce