HOW TO: Get real text model number instead of string of text and numbers

I have been trying to customize a report (Originally report was Dispatching Report) and get the current units model number to print on the report. I can pull “UnitModelID” to the report but it is just a string of text and numbers an not the ABC text (ie. 5 lb ABC Extinguisher)… I am not sure the use of this string for reporting but is there a way to get the actual model number from the database from this string. I am sure it is just a matter of referencing the unit model list is it not. It is somewhat imortant and maybe should be something that can be corrected for the end-user to make it easier to get this information. Can anyone give me a hand with this one cause maybe I am missing something here… I have tried to add the report but the upload manager keeps givng me a “invalid file” error. Let me know, if there is anything else you need or info I have missed. You guys are AMAZING!!! Thanks again in advance… your help has been great with everything.

One thing has also baffled me about the reports designer is why through script some of these database fields can be accessed by through the “menus” you can only select a VERY limited list of fields… Can the reports designer not automatically do what the scripts do in the background. I am sure a change sure as this would put AyaNova over the top in terms of customability. I am sure there maybe some inherant design limitation that may not make this possible but it seems to be the single biggest issue in the forums. Not all of us have programing experience to a degree that sometimes the report design seems to require.

Hello

Being able to add additional fields through API Methods is an an enhancement to the existing AyaNova.

Numerous people were asking for the ability to incorporate additional fields other than all of those able to be provided through the Field List in the report designer which what the majority just need access to. And using API Methods is what development was able to provide in the confines of what is capable without completely redoing AyaNova and having to charge a lot to do so.

We provide examples of API Methods for those with experience can reference.
For those that do not have that experience, we would be happy to provide report template customization for you for a fee.

I would be happy to customize your report template for you for a fee. I would guesstimate $55 at this time to include API Method to display Unit Model Name in a report from the Service Workorder grid or Items grid in the Service navigation pane. Please send via email to support@ayanova.com the following as per the topic Custom-report-templates and I would be happy to confirm:
[ul]
[li] Email to support@ayanova.com
[/li][li] Export the report template you want customized to a file, zip up and attach. (if is an existing sample report template, make sure to first do a Save As from within the report designer of this report, and send the copy, not the original)
[/li][li]Confirm from which grid in which navigation pane this report template is from
[/li][li]Confirm which field by its label name on the panel that you want to display the Unit Model Name from the Unit Model entry screen
[/li][li]Any other information that may be needed or relevant
[/li][/ul]

Do you mean that you were trying to provide a copy of the report template along with this post?
If that is the issue, the forum upload identified the valid file extensions accepted are: bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png txt zip
In the future if you would like to include an attachment, zip up your report template before attaching so it has a valid extension.

If not what is meant, please provide details so can help.

• Joyce

I have noticed that the fields list request has been a big thing… the API is GREAT!!! and I have scoured the forums for information and have found a lot of good items that I have incorporated. I also understand the amount of work involved in getting some of these features implemented, I hope that in the next major version you guys can get especially this into Aya!! It would make the program one of the best out there especially considering the incredible backing and support you guys provide and the COI. I would personally have no issue paying more for the program if it had even more customization features. AyaNova has definitely been a key component in my business and help me to save time and money.

I would be happy to customize your report template for you for a fee. I would guesstimate $55 at this time to include API Method to display Unit Model Name in a report from the Service Workorder grid or Items grid in the Service navigation pane.

I am sure the solution is very simple… but I may just do that cause it should save me the time and heartache.

Do you mean that you were trying to provide a copy of the report template along with this post?
If that is the issue, the forum upload identified the valid file extensions accepted are: bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png txt zip
In the future if you would like to include an attachment, zip up your report template before attaching so it has a valid extension.

BINGO!!! That was the exact problem. I was trying to upload the .AYR file. I again appreciate the help… always fast as lightening.

You are very welcome! I look forward to receiving your email with the report template and requested info, and thank you for the opportunity to provide you with additional customization of your report template.

• Joyce