How to set a Schedulable User inactive to free up a license

Message: “There are not enough available licenses to continue this operation

Or

Message: This object can not be deleted because it is linked to one or more related objects

Or

Message: The user must be active as it has open schedule items

The above messages occur when you attempt to delete an existing AyaNova user or attempt to set an existing AyaNova user that is of Type Scheduleable User to inactive - these messages occur because you have not yet set the prerequisites so that the user can be deleted or can be set to inactive.

You can not delete an AyaNova user that:

1. is of Type Schedulable User
  2. and has been selected in any order whether a service workorder, quote or PM or template
    as there is now a link. This link maintains the history of service previously performed.

But you can set an AyaNova user to inactive if:

1. is only selected in service workorders that are all Closed
  2. is NOT selected in any quotes
  3. is NOT selected in any PMs
  4. is NOT selected in any service/quote/pm template.

1. Confirm that the scheduleable user is not selected in any open service workorders by:

• Open the Service navigation pane
  • Select to view the Scheduled Users grid
  • Filter the Scheduled User name so that only service workorders for this user display
  • Filter the Closed column so that only [Blanks] display (so that only workorders that are not yet Closed will show)
  • If any workorder items show, that means that this scheduled user is still scheduled in an open workorder and you need to either remove that scheduled user from this workorder’s Scheduled User record (select a different scheduleable user, or select no user) or set this workorder to Closed
  • These steps must be done for each subgrid where a user can be selected in a service workorder - i.e.in the Labor grid, in the Travel grid, etc

2. Confirm that the scheduleable user is not selected in any quotes by:

• Open the Quote navigation pane and do the same as you did for the Service Workorders grid by filtering to make sure this user is not selected in any section of the any quotes

3. Confirm that the scheduleable user is not selected in any PMs by:

• Open the Preventive Maintenance navigation pane and do the same as you did for the Service Workorders grid by filtering to make sure this user is not selected in any section of the any PMs

4. Confirm the user in not selected in any service workorder template, quote template, or PM template:

• View the Service Workorders Templates grid
  • Open each service workorder template and check each subsection of each template to make sure this schedulable user is not selected - the Scheduled Users subsection,Laboretc
  • View the Quotes Templates grid
  • Open each quote template and check each subsection of each template to make sure this schedulable user is not selected - the Scheduled Users subsection,Laboretc
  • View the Preventive Maintenance Templates grid
  • You need to check each subsection of each template to make sure this schedulable user is not selected - the Scheduled Users subsection,Laboretc

Once you have done the above (either removed that user from selection in any of those orders or set to Closed if a service workorder), now you can open the User entry screen for this user and set the user to inactive by unchecking the Active checkmark.
Once the existing scheduleable user is set to inactive, then you can create a new schedulable user using the freed up license

Or if will not do the above (do not want to set workorders to Closed, or remove user from PMs or Quotes or templates), than purchase an additional license via the Purchase web page on our web site.

Hi,

I need to follow this procedure to make a user inactive, but retain history.

I have run into an issue where I cannot set the status of the workorders in question to closed as that field is greyed out / inaccessible.

I suspect this relates to workorders that were imported from Ayanova 3.X to 4.X only, as I recall there was an issue where the closed field because unusable.

How can I make this user inactive given that I cannot set the historical workorders to be closed?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Jason

I think there may be a misunderstanding as to what “Closed” means.

Closed is when you have checkmarked the Closed checkbox in the workorder - Closed does not mean something selected in the Workorder Status. If a workorder is checkmarked Closed, than whatever is selected in that workorder no longer affects licensing.

(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

If you are not able to set the schedulable user to inactive, that means that user is still selected somewhere in an open workorder (a workorder that is not checkmarked Closed), or in a workorder template, or in a quote, or in a quote template, or in a pm, or in a pm template.

You need to re-check your steps again - I’ve reworded the steps in the original post, hopefully that makes more sense - but that user is definitely still selected either in a Scheduled Users or a Labor or a Travel orwhereever you can select a schedulable user in a workorder or quote or pm or their templates.

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I don’t think there is a misunderstanding - I do understand that it is the Workorder “Closed” checkbox that needs to be set.

What I see on the workorders that the user in question is scheduled for is the Service Completed checkbox, with a tick.

Underneath that isthe Closed checkbox, which is in lighter grey text and for which the checkbox is not usable.

I can un-tick Service Completed, but there is nothing I can do on the “Closed” checkbox - it is not accessible.

Could this be something from Ayanova CE > Ayanova 3 import, rather than 3 > 4 as I mentioned earlier?

Hi again Jason

1. Who are you logged into AyaNova as when you are doing this?

2. What is the security group rights for Object.Workorder and Object.Workorder.Close for this AyaNova user you are logged in as?

3. Log in as the AyaNova Administrator which has full rights to everything

4. Now view this workorder’s entry screen - can you now checkmark the Closed field (if the Service Completed field is now checkmarked)?

5. From your post above, you said you are trying to uncheck the Service Completed checkbox. You do understand that the Service Completed checkbox must be checked before the Closed can be checked?

6. If you continue to expereince an issue, make sure that you provide a full screenshot of the workorder entry screen as well as confirm that you are logged in as the AyaNova Administrator when this screenshot was taken

• Joyce

Only, something is missing here. I opened quotes and selected Scheduled users and it shows me the closed column and I filtered it to shown not yet closed. Now…how do you close it??? Cannot find it anyway…HELP!!!

Hi

Quotes do not have a Closed checkbox field. Only service workorders can be checkmarked Closed.

You must be referring to some other field in the Quote entry screen?

If you are freeing up a license, you will need to deselect the schedulable user in any quote (as well as in any quote template, in any PM, in any PM template, in any service workorder template, and in any service workorder that is not checkmarked Closed).

• Joyce

I will try and attach ascreenshot of the closed field in the quotes / scheduled users.

Hi again

I see what you mean now - in the Scheduled Users grid in the Quotes navigation pane, you can have a column called Closed show (also available in the other grids in the Quotes navigation pane).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that it can be removed in the next update. More than likely that is accidently there as the Quote (just like the PM) is based on the same entry screen of the service workorder so that a quote can be converted to a service workorder (just like a PM can be converted to a service workorder).

Ignore that column (i.e. uncheck it so that it does not show on any of your Quotes grids) as is not used by a Quote’s entry screen.

[Forum Note: As of version 6.3, the Closed column will no longer display in the Quotes or PM grids as not a column used in those grids]

• Joyce

Okay, will do. Thanks.

I went ahead and changed the scheduled user on the quotes for the tech I wanted to deactivate and then I was able to deactivate him. Now I can use his license for the new techI have to create for the newuser.

I had to go through 1 1/2 years worth of records and change the users around to get my history back since I had simply changed the name of the user from the old tech to the new tech. I have been working on this for 2 days now…wow, don’t ever want to do this again.

Thanks Joyce, and have a great day.

JOE

You are welcome Joe.

Also for any others reading this post - you can instead just purchase a new scheduleable user license instead of going back through past records.

• Joyce