I cannot open the inventory grid for any part number

I click on any part number and bring up the window. When I click on the parts inventory grid the system locks up. I have to completely shut down AYANOVA thru the task manager and relog back in. This happens on all part numbers. It use to work and I have not tried this for about a week. All od a sudden it is locking up.

mcdarnit (1/18/2007)I click on any part number and bring up the window. When I click on the parts inventory grid the system locks up. I have to completely shut down AYANOVA thru the task manager and relog back in. This happens on all part numbers. It use to work and I have not tried this for about a week. All od a sudden it is locking up.

Hi

By “lock up” you mean that the AyaNova program appears to freeze? Or do you mean that you get an error?

If you get an error - please provide the full text of the error message.

If AyaNova appears to freeze, have you let it alone to see if it eventually comes up on its own? (do not access anything else on the computer, just let it chug away) - for example, if you select the Part Inventory grid in the Inventory navigation pane and what may be appearing to be a freeze, is the data for display is being accumulated at the server, but the server is overloaded, network connection is slow, there are a lot of parts, and there are a lot of warehouses (each part quantityis calculated for every warehouse) so what is appearing to be a freeze is just the data being accumulated to display in the part inventory grid.

How many parts are entered into AyaNova (open the Parts grid, select All rows)?

How many warehouses are entered into AyaNova (open SubGrids menu, select Part Warehouses)?

Is this occurring for every AyaNova user? or just your AyaNova username? perform the following - Log into AyaNova as the AyaNova Administrator and perform the exact same steps that resulted in a “system lockup” and determine if it also occurs for the AyaNova Administrator.

But then what confuses me is you say “it happens on all part numbers” - which I find confusing, because if you are opening the Part Inventory grid in the Inventory navigation pane - what partnumbers are you referring to? Or are you actually referring to the Part Inventory menu option within a Part entry screen? If so, do still answer the questions and perform the troubleshooting above - but do distinguish the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

• Joyce

By “lock up” you mean that the AyaNova program appears to freeze? Yes it freezes. I get the hour glass for about 2 seconds after clicking on the inventory and then nothing happens/

If AyaNova appears to freeze, have you let it alone to see if it eventually comes up on its own? (do not access anything else on the computer, just let it chug away) - for example, if you select the Part Inventory grid in the Inventory navigation pane and what may be appearing to be a freeze, is the data for display is being accumulated at the server, but the server is overloaded, network connection is slow, there are a lot of parts, and there are a lot of warehouses (each part quantityis calculated for every warehouse) so what is appearing to be a freeze is just the data being accumulated to display in the part inventory grid.

How many parts are entered into AyaNova (open the Parts grid, select All rows)? Approximately 750 part numbers

How many warehouses are entered into AyaNova (open SubGrids menu, select Part Warehouses)? 19 wharehouses

Is this occurring for every AyaNova user? or just your AyaNova username? perform the following - Log into AyaNova as the AyaNova Administrator and perform the exact same steps that resulted in a “system lockup” and determine if it also occurs for the AyaNova Administrator. It happens to Just me

But then what confuses me is you say “it happens on all part numbers” - which I find confusing, because if you are opening the Part Inventory grid in the Inventory navigation pane - what partnumbers are you referring to? Or are you actually referring to the Part Inventory menu option within a Part entry screen? Yes, it is hereIf so, do still answer the questions and perform the troubleshooting above - but do distinguish the exact steps

Hi again McDarnit

With the information that the issue only occurs for your username logged in, that helps narrrow down what possibly could be happening.

That may indicate either a security group restriction, or indicate that your grid settings has somehow become garbled for the Inventory grid within a Part entry screen.

Perform this first:
-Open Users grid in the Administration navigation pane
-open your username User’s entry screen (the username you log into AyaNova with that results in this issue happening)
-Click on the button Clear all user’ form customizations
-Select Save & Exit from the menu
-Exit out of AyaNova
-Now log in as your username
-All your grid settings (sort, views, etc) will have been reverted back to the AyaNova Administrator’s
-Open a part entry screen and click on the Inventory menu option - does it now open up this screen

• Joyce

It fixed the problem. Thank you very much for your assistance. It is appreciated. Have a great weekend!

Jerry