Inner exception: Unable to complete network request to host "ceserver1".

An AyaNova user had contacted us that on 2 of the 4 networked computers, they were unable to access the networked AyaNova database and received the following error: dir=ltr " ">

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: Unable to complete network request to host “ceserver1”.

The error unable to complete network request to host usually means that something has changed on the server itself, or on the computers that are getting the error that is preventing communication between the server and the locally networked computer.

We suggested troubleshooting by the following:

From the server

• does the server have a firewall?
  • have you troubleshooted by turning it off completely, and than seeing if the networked computers can now run AyaNova
  • what is the operating system on the server
  • what network configuration is AyaNova (i.e. Firebird, SQL Express, SQL)
  • confirm logging into AyaNova on the server itself, then exit, than attach a copy of its ayalog.txt file (rename it to serverayalog.txt so I know exactly which computer it comes from)
  • what is this server’s IP address

From the two computers that CAN log into AyaNova on the server

• if presently logged in, exit out and than run AyaNova and confirm here can log in
  • than attach a copy of the ayalog.txt from this computer that can log in (rename it to workingnetworkayalog.txt so I know what computer it came from)

From the computers that CAN NOT connect

• does the computer have a firewall?
  • have you troubleshooted by turning it off completely, and than seeing if this networked computers can now run AyaNova and connect to the server
  • have you troubleshooted by having both server’s firewall and the computer’s firewall turned off and see if now able to connect?
  • are you able to access the server via Windows Explorer from this computer?
  • are you able to ping the server from this computer via a DOS prompt using the server’s name that you have set up in this computer’s configuration file (i.e. enter PING ceserver1)
  • are you able to ping the server from this computer via a DOS prompt using the server’s IP address?
  • attach a copy of this computer’s ayalog.txt (rename it to errornetworkayalog.txt so I know what computer it came from)

The AyaNova user determined that they were unable to ping the server from the two networked computers that were having problems connecting. This lead them to look at the DNS, and they assigned DNS to the computers in question and renewed the IP info, and were then able to connect to Ayanova properly.