Internet Explorer 8 and .NET Framework 3.5

I have installed IE8 RC1 and noticed that on running a Microsoft Update it has downloaded and installed .NET Framework 3.5, where previously I only had version 2.

This brings a couple of questions to mind:-
Although the AyaNova documentation says to install .NET Framework 2 or higher, in a networked environment will a mixture of version 2 on the server and a higher version on the client be OK?
Although I don’t use WBI at present, do you have any advice to your clients who do use it on whether IE8 is expected to work with WBI, or should they wait until you have managed to undertakesome testing?

Anyadvice is appreciated.

Regards - Brian

Hi Brian

Although the AyaNova documentation says to install .NET Framework 2 or higher, in a networked environment will a mixture of version 2 on the server and a higher version on the client be OK?

Yes that is fine. Do note that you can also have Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 on the server with AyaNova 4.x

Although I don’t use WBI at present, do you have any advice to your clients who do use it on whether IE8 is expected to work with WBI, or should they wait until you have managed to undertakesome testing?

As Internet Explorer 8 is not officially released (i.e. it is at Release Candidate 1 only), no we have not confirmed compatibility at this time.

We see no reason why it would not be fine. If someone encounters an issue, do have them test their exact same steps using IE 7 to see if it also occurs with IE 7 to see if related to the version of IE.

• Joyce