Inventory Items

We are looking at using AyaNova v3 and the QB1 intergration to control inventory. I need to see what the maximum number of items that can be used in this process?

dkress (5/8/2006)We are looking at using AyaNova v3 and the QB1 intergration to control inventory. I need to see what the maximum number of items that can be used in this process?

Hi

There is no “practical” limit in AyaNova on the number of parts that can be entered into the AyaNova database (whether entered via import through QBI, or manually entered).

I use the word “practical” because the database itself doesn’t have a limitation on the number of parts that can be entered.

A limitation that you might see is that if you have 1000’s and 1000’s and 1000’sof parts, you may experience a slight delay while loading the QBI interface as QBI obtains the list of parts from the QuickBooks company data file and obtains the list of parts from the AyaNova database to display what is in each database file, and which are linked. You may experience a delay using the drop down selection if you have 1000’s and 1000’s of parts when selecting a part or view the Parts Inventory grid, but it would depend on the speed of the database server, loads on server and computer,connection to the databases, number of parts in the database, etc - factors that would affect the speed of any database.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

• Joyce

I see that Quickbooks limits the number of items at 14500, would this limit the number of items in ayanova due to the fact that qb1 links items in ayanova to quickbooks?

dkress (5/8/2006)I see that Quickbooks limits the number of items at 14500, would this limit the number of items in ayanova due to the fact that qbi links items in ayanova to quickbooks?

Hi again

The number of items in QuickBooks does not limit the total number of items in AyaNova.

But as you could only have 14500 items in QuickBooks, than only 14500 QuickBooks items would be able to be linked with items in AyaNova.

• Joyce

Thank you on clearify that for me. I did not see in any manuals were the number of items would be limited when linking items with quickbooks.

Hi

Just to clarify, it is not AyaNova that has the limitation.

It is QuickBooks that has a limitation of the number of items that can entered into the QuickBooks company data file - not AyaNova.

There is not a limitation on the number of items that can be entered into AyaNova.

QBI v3is an optional add-on we provide to interface between our program AyaNova, and Intuit’s accounting program QuickBooks.

Unfortunately we do not have control over the limitations of QuickBooks, as QuickBooks is not our software.

If you do have additional QuickBooks questions, let me know, and I may be able to point on the Intuit’s QuickBooks web site where you can find information.

If you have additional questions on AyaNova, do let me know.

• Joyce

We are not directly related or involved in the limitations of the QuickBooks software program.