Invoicing failed due to the following error:This feature is not supported in the specified version of qbXML

I had my first work order since I installed the QBI today. I ran the work order through AyaNova and attempted to import it into Quickbooks as an invoice. This is the error I received:

Invoicing completed with some errors:

Invoice: Invoicing failed due to the following error:
This feature is not supported in the specified version of qbXML.

I have AyaNova installed on my server using the MS SQL Express and ran the QBI from that server with my Quickbooks Pro 2006 open.

tgustaf (3/29/2006)I had my first work order since I installed the QBI today. I ran the work order through AyaNova and attempted to import it into Quickbooks as an invoice. This is the error I received:

Invoicing completed with some errors:

Invoice: Invoicing failed due to the following error:
This feature is not supported in the specified version of qbXML.

I have AyaNova installed on my server using the MS SQL Express and ran the QBI from that server with my Quickbooks Pro 2006 open.

Hi, there are many differences between all the versions of QuickBooks we support and inside QBI it detects the version in use andhas to accomodate the subtle differences between different countries and different qb versions, at first glance that errorseems to indicate we have some code that is calling something not supported in the particular version of QuickBooks you have, but that doesn’t seem to make sense because 2006 is the most compatible version of all without any workarounds required as far as I know aside from the country specific ones.

Can you give me a bit more information please:

1. What country is your QuickBooks? Canadian, UK, U.S. etc

2. Has it been updated recently with all the latest patches by taking the update option within QuickBooks?

3. Is this error coming with your first ever work order and if so have you subsequently tried any test workorders just to confirm if the issue is with that particular work order or with any work order. I.E. make a simple work order with one problem item and one part or labor item and try invoicing it through QBI (preferably with a backup copy of your QuickBooks database).

4. Are you using a specific invoice template in QBI, i.e. when you set up your preferences did you pick a particular type of QuickBooks invoice template or leave it at the default?

With that preliminary information I should be able to narrow down the scope of what to look at to determine what this problem is related to. I’ll likely need more info after this but it’s where I need to start.

1. What country is your QuickBooks? Canadian, UK, U.S. etc US

2. Has it been updated recently with all the latest patches by taking the update option within QuickBooks? Yes

3. Is this error coming with your first ever work order and if so have you subsequently tried any test workorders just to confirm if the issue is with that particular work order or with any work order. I.E. make a simple work order with one problem item and one part or labor item and try invoicing it through QBI (preferably with a backup copy of your QuickBooks database). Tried another invoice… same error

4. Are you using a specific invoice template in QBI, i.e. when you set up your preferences did you pick a particular type of QuickBooks invoice template or leave it at the default? Was using default, also tried to specify one specificatlly.

tgustaf (3/29/2006)1) What country is your QuickBooks? Canadian, UK, U.S. etc US

1. Has it been updated recently with all the latest patches by taking the update option within QuickBooks? Yes
  1. Is this error coming with your first ever work order and if so have you subsequently tried any test workorders just to confirm if the issue is with that particular work order or with any work order. I.E. make a simple work order with one problem item and one part or labor item and try invoicing it through QBI (preferably with a backup copy of your QuickBooks database). Tried another invoice… same error
  1. Are you using a specific invoice template in QBI, i.e. when you set up your preferences did you pick a particular type of QuickBooks invoice template or leave it at the default? Was using default, also tried to specify one specificatlly.

That’s very weird, I’ll setup a US qbpro 2006 and see if I can reproduce the error here in a special debug version of QBI. If I can’t reproduce it I’ll need a copy of your database zipped up, but let me check it out first.

P.S. can I get the following info so I can duplicate your setup here:

Exact country and version and service patch of locally installed QuickBooks on this same computer (view this information from within QuickBooks by having QuickBooks open, and press CTRL-1 to bring up the system information give us the exact wording as the first line shows)

QuickBooks Pro 2006 Release R5P

Versions used on file:

V16.0D R3 02/08/2006

V16.0D R5 03/03/2006

Ok, thanks. We’re looking into it, I’ll get back to you with what we find

We were able to reproduce the issue, we can’t determine yet why it’s happening, but we can make it happen which is more than half the battle.

As soon as we track down the cause and get a fix for it I’ll let you know where to download the update. Probably tomorrow morning at a guessbut we’ll try to get it sooner if possible.

Hello, it’s fixed in v3.1.2 update posted at the top of the QBI v3 Forum section

http://forum.ayanova.com/Forum94-1.aspx

Works… Nice! Thanks!

We are havingthis issue with the QBI 3.1.3. we are running Quick books pro 2005 multi user. Please post the fix.

sregal (4/10/2006)We are havingthis issue with the QBI 3.1.3. we are running Quick books pro 2005 multi user. Please post the fix.

Hi

This issue was resolved in QBI v3.1.2 with the latest version available is 3.1.3

Please provide additional information:

1. Log into AyaNova, select menu Help -> About AyaNova - is the version 3.1.3?

If not, than apply the appropriate update to 3.1.3all computers and AyaNova utilities

2.Right-click on the AyaNovaQBI.exe file, select Properties, select Version - is the version 3.1.3?

If not, than apply the update to QBI v3.1.3

1. If both AyaNova and QBI are v3.1.3 provide confirmation of the above and than the following:

3a. Exact country and version and service patch of locally installed QuickBooks on this same computer (view this information from within QuickBooks by having QuickBooks open, and press CTRL-1 to bring up the system information give us the exact wording as the first line shows)

3b. Attach a copy of your ayalog.txt file (do not embed it in your answer, attach)

3c. Identify exactly at what point you received this message - have you loaded QBI previously, have you set preferences and are now re-loading it, etc?

• Joyce

This did not fix the issue, I beleive that the issue that was disscussed was with QB2006 we are on ver QB Pro 05 Release R7P.

An issue was found with QuickBooks US 2005 versions that the fix in v3.1.2 did not address.

QBI v3.1.4 addresses the error "This feature is not supported in the specified version of qbXML " that occurs with QuickBooks US 2005

Refer to http://forum.ayanova.com/Forum94-1.aspx

• Joyce