JDONE List of Macines serviced

we want to be able to get a list of the models we worked on last year. We don’t want a list of every machine in the database, we are more interested in getting a list of the machines we have worked on at a certain time frame. Any thoughts?

jredmon (3/2/2009)we want to be able to get a list of the models we worked on last year. We don’t want a list of every machine in the database, we are more interested in getting a list of the machines we have worked on at a certain time frame. Any thoughts?

Hi

Yes, a suggestion would be the following:

Follow along with the tutorial How do I customize a filter? in the AyaNova 4 Help file for an overview of creating a custom filter using dates
once you have reviewed, view the Items grid in the Service navigation pane
drop down the filter image on the Serial Number column
select [NonBlanks] so that workorder item records only show where a specific unit was selected in the workorder item.
drop down the filter image on the Service Date column
select the [Custom] filter
create a custom filter similar to that in the How do I…? for the time range you want to display workorder records
workorder item records will now only display for the time range you set in your custom filter
select a report template that you have made that lists all units. Your custom report template might display the Service Date, workorder number, unit or whatever data from the workorder you want.

• Joyce

So, filtering a grid will filter a report as well?

jredmon (3/3/2009)So, filtering a grid will filter a report as well?

Yes - as a report can only use data from the records that areshowing in the grid.

• Joyce

makes sense. Thanks.

One more question, I got a report togetherthat list over 10 pages of model numbers for whole year of 2008. I am now trying to just have it list the model numbers once with a count. I created a group header, inside that a detail section, and a group footer. What do I do to make this work?

JOE

Hi Joe

Please review the forum topic Use-the-Count-Summary-function-in-a-report-template (search for
summary count)

I’ve made a quick example report template for the Items grid using AyaNova 5.1 (compatible with AyaNova 5.1 through to 7.2)

Download the example and refer to - the steps below show how this was made.
And then try different things as you want - but this should point you in the direction.

1. I filtered the Items grid on the Service Date column so that only records for units for a specific time range would show in the grid

2. Created a new summary report template from the Items grid

3. used the Wizard to create a report template grouped by the Serial Number showing the workorder number and Service Date

4. I added a GroupFooter (right-clicked on the detailBand1 -> Insert band -> GroupFooter), and dragged over the Serial Number datafield into the GroupFooter band, and then edited this datafield’ s (the Serial Number) Summary property so that it uses the Count for that Group

5. and brought over a label and edited its Text property with “Number of services performed for this unit”

6. Print Preview shows the report listing each serial number once, and then under it the workorder and its service date (depending on how many workorders each unit has, some serial numbers of units had 1 workorder, and some had mulitple of course)

If you do not want the workorder numbers and service dates for each Item to show:

1. Back to the design panel - I clicked on the detailBand1 to select it, and then edited its Visible property to False.

2. And also clicked on the groupHeaderBand2 to select it, and then edited its Visible property to False.

3. Print Preview again, now the report only shows the unit once (from the GroupHeader), and the count of that serial for each record showing in the grid (GroupFooter)

Example Unit History Count

Hi Joyce,

I would like to try this report, but when I download it I get a corrupt zip file

Hello

Thank you for letting us know. Previous post steps have now been edited, and a new sample report template to go with now available for download.

Customization of report templates is also available at topic Custom-report-templates

• Joyce