JDONE quick question regarding templates

I am tweaking an existing report template. I added a PageHeader band. When I drag the LT_O_Workorder item into that band, it does not appear on the preview. I can drag it back into the DetailReport - “WorkorderHeader” section and it reappears. What is the correct way to have the workorder number appear at the head of each page?

Hi Flood

PageHeader and PageFooters are where you would enter preset text to show (i.e. disclaimer for work performed) or info such as page # of # or the date the report is printed.

To have data print on each page place into a groupheader for the detail band, and set its properties to repeat every page. Example can be found on topic Sample-Detailed-Workorder-report-that-repeats-header-on-every-page

• Joyce

Thank you, Joyce.

I am trying to customise another template, and the method below is not working correctly. If I create a group header by right-clicking in the margin and drag the header elements (including the workorder number) into that group header, the workorder number no longer prints in the preview. If I create the group header within the DetailReport - “WorkorderHeader”, I get an extra page at the beginning of the preview with nothing in it but the group header - the actual report info doesn’t start 'til page 2. What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately the template mentioned in Joyce’s link does not work with my version of AyaNova (it crashes every time, v 7.0.3.0)

Hi Flood

It may be because you have not set the Properties of the GroupHeader band

Go back through the steps of that linked post, and check each of your steps.

Also too, have updated that post with an AyaNova 6 and higher compatible report template that you can download and import to refer to as well as the steps.

• Joyce

Are you referring to the report template example in xxxxx ?
If so, make sure to download, extract and import the AyaNova 6 or higher version of it that is available.

I just tested it with the latest AyaNova 7.2.0.0 (downloaded, extracted, imported the extracted file, selected the report template imported AyaNova 6 and higher Sample Banked Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total Repeats report template and it previewed no problem.

Otherwise do provide specifics - what exact report template? what exactly do you mean by “crashes every time”? If you get an error message, always include full text of any message and what steps exactly bring that message about so can help.
Also too, do a search for the message or similar message. For example, the forum topic topic Report-error-issue-for-some-AyaNova-7-users provides three solutions for its error

• Joyce