JDONE Sorting the Dispatch Report in order of Scheduling Screen

We have been using a customized version of the dispatch report to print a scheduled user’s jobs for the day. The problem is that the order in which they are printed is not the same as shown on the scheduling screen. If the user has workorders scheduled on1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, they may be printed 4, 2, 1, 3. Since our customized dispatch report tries to save paper it does not use page breaks between workorders, and the user cannot manually shuffle the papers to get them in the right order.

Basically we need the workorders sorted by the Scheduled Users Start Date and Time.

We have noticed the Sample Dispatch Report also does not sort properly and so if you can solve the problem with that one, then we can apply the same change to our custom one. If needed I can export our report templateand post it here for you to look at.

Thanks

Hi Blye

The Sample Dispatch Report was not designed to print out based on the Scheduled Users Start Date & Time. As with most reports in AyaNova, report order is based on the sort order of the grid printing from. (i.e. if printing from the Service Workorders grid, the order of workorder records in the grid is the same order the report will print out the records for).

But if printing from the Schedule screen itself, a suggestion to have the dispatching report print out based on the Scheduled Users start date and time is toadd a GroupHeader for the DetailReport band, and edit itsGroup Fields Collection property to sort ascending by the Scheduled Users start date & time.

1. Right-click on the DetailReport band -> Insert band -> Groupheader

2. With this GroupHeader band selected, view its Properties

3. View the Group Fields property’s Collection

4. Add a new member

5. For the Field Name, drop down and continue expanding and select the Start Date & Time from the WorkorderItemWorkorderItemScheduledUser dataset

6. Now Print Preview and you will see that the workorder items previewed will be in the order based on the Scheduled Users start date and time.

Do try out the above. If further customization is needed, we would be happy to provide for a fee. Let me know if you would like to do this.

• Joyce