Login problem, single machine only...

This is kind of a weird issue. Went to login to ayanova CE 1.9.4.4 like always, and it popped up these errors…

Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and no change, all other users are having no problems logging in. I installed it on a different work station (clean install) and it worked fine.

Thanks!

-Paul Haskew

Hi Paul

Such errors occur when the network username you are logging into your computer and the network does not have full read/write/delete rights to the AyaNova CE database and folder.

You can confirm this by logging into your computer as the network administrator that has full access and than successfully login to AyaNova CE.

Edit your network user rights to allow full access to the AyaNova CE database and folder.

Than log into the network again once the rights have been set, than log into AyaNova CE.

Do let me know that this now works for you.

• Joyce

The user is a local administrator on the machine, I also tried to login as myself, same issue…

The user also has full admin rights to the folder where the database is stored…

Still no luck… :frowning:

Go to Windows Updates and run a scan and apply any recommended updates, reboot and try again.

If it continues to occur, please provide the following info:

What has been installed or updated between the last time you ran AyaNova CE 1.9.4.4 successfully and today?
Do you have Access 2000 SP1 or higher installed on this computer?
Do you have MySQL or Apache installed on this computer?
What is the operating system on this computer?
What programs are installed on this computer?
What services are running on this computer?
This information may provide additional information to use in troubleshooting why this is occurring

• Joyce

Hi again

Is it now working that Windows Updates have been applied, or will you be providing the additional info so we can troubleshoot?

• Joyce

Ran Windows Update, nothing to install

1. Nothing installed, its been 2 weeks since it was launched successfully on this machine

2. No

3. Nope

4. Windows XP Pro SP2

5. Can’t go into great detail due to corporate policy, but antivirus, Rhapsody, iTunes and Quicktime, nothing has been added/removed except when I uninstalled Ayanova earlier today…

6. Standard Windows services, this is a basic install on this machine, IPOD helper service and AV services…

paulhaskew (3/28/2006)Ran Windows Update, nothing to install

1. Nothing installed, its been 2 weeks since it was launched successfully on this machine
  2. No
  3. Nope
  4. Windows XP Pro SP2
  5. Can’t go into great detail due to corporate policy, but antivirus, Rhapsody, iTunes and Quicktime, nothing has been added/removed except when I uninstalled Ayanova earlier today…
  6. Standard Windows services, this is a basic install on this machine, IPOD helper service and AV services…

We had a previous similar support issue with an AyaNova CE user that on one of their computers which had a number of different software programs installed, resulted in these same errors running AyaNova. Once it was confirmed it was not a rights issue (which 99% of the time that is what those errors indicate), we went through identifying Jet 4.0 file versions, MDAC versions. We did determine that if they directly opened a copy of the SCDATA.SCfile using Access on their computer, further additional errors occurred that defintely pointed towards systemfile or registry incompatibilites. The AyaNova user decided to use another computer instead which had no issues, andhad the computer they received the errors on, wiped and reinstalled before it was determined what the actual issue was a result of.

I would recommend runninga registry scan and fix on this computer.

Also run a harddrive check on this computer.

Check AyaNova again.

If still continuing, go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829558and perform the steps for computers that are running Windows XP SP2

Can you post the results here in the event another AyaNova CE user encounters this issue?

• Joyce

I will let you know… :unsure:

sadly none of the suggestions worked. I got tired of dealing with it, so I formatted the machine, issue resolved :smiley:

Not the best way to fix a problem, but it took less time.