Make entering (sub) units smarter as there seems to be no smart relation between a parent unit and a sub unit to that parent

We use the “Parent unit of this unit” option in the Ayanova application to identify main from sub assemblies.

Case information: “Parent assy A” contains “Sub assy B” and is located at “Customer C”. The info for Parent assy A is already entered.

When you enter the data for Sub assy B and you land at the field “Parent unit of this unit” you get a list of all units defined so far (and that’s a lot). I expected that if I would have completed the customer field by this time that the “Parent unit of this unit” field would be limited to only those units already tied to this customer and not all units for all customers.

You can also reason the other way around, if I would make a selection at “Parent unit of this unit” without having selected the customer field that by the time I land there the choice would be limited to 1 customer as 1unit can be only at one location.

I don’t think it is logic to assume that sub assys of a parent unit are located at the same location or customer resp. Why is this logical relation ship not made when filling out the Unit screen? The lists to select from is really getting big already after only 15 systems entered.

Regards,

/Dick Vanderkolk

Modification:

The last paragraph in my wish list posting should read: “… Ithink it is logic to assume that sub assys of a parent unit are located at the same location or customer resp. …”

/Dick Vanderkolk