making a technician inactive

In the process of making a technician inactive, Ayanova message states that the user must remain active due toopen schedule items, yet I cannot identify any-

Hi E

When you say that you can not identify any, what aspects of open schedule items are you checking?

Open the Service navigation pane
Select to view the Scheduled Users grid
Filter the Scheduled User name so that only service workorders for this user display
Filter the Closed column so that only [Blanks] display - workorders that are not yet Closed
IF any workorder items show, that means that this scheduled user is still scheduled in an open workorder
Do the same in the Labor grid
Open the Quote navigation pane
Filter the Scheduled User name column so that only quotes where this user was selected displays
If any quote items show, that means that this scheduled user is still selected in an quote - and needs to be removed from this quote (select a different scheduleable user, or select no user)
Open the Preventive Maintenance navigation pane
Filter the Scheduled User name column so that only PM’s where this user was selected displays
IF any PM items show, that means that this scheduled user is still selected in an PM- and needs to be removed from this PM (select a different user, or select no user)
Let me know you have found the items where the user is still selected and edited.

I will move this topic to the AyaNova v3 Installation & Configuration section of this forum, as it does not relate to WBI. This way it is easily viewable by other AyaNova v3 users that may also encounter the same question, and that are looking in the same forum area.

• Joyce

I have previously checked each area mentioned, (exactly as you have indicated) and have failed to identify any items scheduled for this user. Is there a report that can be run to identify open schedule items for a user?

Hi again

Any report would be from the same grids indicated in the previous post, using filters first to identify if the user is selected or not as above. Report would than just display what you would see on the grid anyways.

If I have access to your database, I can check for you:

Create a backup of your database - I believe you are using SQL?
Zip using WinZip and send via direct mail to support@ayanova.com
Include the AyaNova Administrator username and password
Include the scheduleable user that you are attempting to set to inactive.
Include reference to this support topic so that I know what it is in relation to
Or if you have AyaNova Data Portal active, send via direct email to support@ayanova.com the following so that I may log in and determine where this user is still active
Copy of AyaNova.exe.config file from Data Portal user
AyaNova Administrator username and password
Schedulable user name that you are attempting to set to inactive
Include reference to this support topic so that I know what it is in relation to
Please do not be logged into AyaNOva as the administrator while I am.
I await to hear via direct email from you.

• Joyce

Hi again Eli

I’ve received your AyaNova.exe.config file and the info - but the AyaNova.exe.config identifies that Microsoft.NET Framework 1 is still being used - please confirm that you are using the latest version of AyaNova which is v3.2.7

Because I have AyaNova v3.2.7 installed, when I attempt to use the AyaNova.exe.config file, I get the following error:

"AyaNova.exe Strong name validation failed. Strong name validation failed for assembly “C:\program files\ground zero tech-works inc\ayanova 3\ayanova.exe The file may have been tampered with or it was partially signed but not fully signed with correct private key”

Before Ilog in, I need confirmation from you that you are using v3.2.7 - otherwise if I edit the AyaNova.exe.config file removing the line <supportedRuntime version=“v1.1.4322” />, and thanlog in, it will update your database to v3.2.7, and your users will encounter issues until they also update correctly

• Joyce

Actually, We are in the process of setting up a new server and will be downloading the latest Ayanova release. However, currently we are on 3.1.3.

dataserv (11/7/2006)Actually, We are in the process of setting up a new server and will be downloading the latest Ayanova release. However, currently we are on 3.1.3.

Hi again

I won’t be logging in than.

If I did so, it would update the database and than none of your AyaNova v3.1.3 users would be able to use AyaNova until they too updated, as well if users were logged in at the time the database was updated, it would cause database issues.

Updating to v3.2.7 is a major update that we provide free - but because of the major feautre updates, strict following of the instructions in http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2107-96-1.aspxmust be followed.

There have been a number of updates concerning users and rights since 3.1.3. As soon as you update, you will be able to identify where this schedulable user is still selected, and be able to than set to inactive once addressed.

Let me know after updating to 3.2.7 if you continue to have an issue - I can than log in via the updated dataportal to the already updated database and check for you.

• Joyce

We will be loading a fresh install on a new Server. are there specific instructions to move the database?

Hi agian Eli

I will point you towards the topic [forum note - edited since now at newer version] which came from information from another AyaNova user that moved their SQL database.

Do also check your SQL Server documentation for specifics on moving a SQL database from one server to another.

• Joyce

I’ve edited the steps above - I initially had to check the Service Completed column - but it should have been to check the Closed column - as if a workorder is still open, the selected schedulable user can not be set to inactive.

Found one workorder set to Service Completed, but not yet checkd Closed. Close the workorder. Now able to set the schedulable user to inactive.

I’ve now moved this topic to the AyaNova v3 Installation & Configuration section.

• Joyce

can you point me to the download for 3.2.7? We only see 3.2.6 on the website. this is for a new installation.

Update to v3.2.7 is two staged because of the version you presently have:

1. Perform the steps and select the linksin Full Update to v3.2.6 if using networkFirebird or SQL to update to v3.2.6

2. Than perform the steps and select the download link in the QuickFix up to v3.2.7

• Joyce

Perfect. I also located the workorder. BTW, When I filterd the closed column by blanks, it did not show up. I filtered by “false”.

Thank you for your assistance. Where can we download 3.2.7 for a new install?

Hi

v3.2.7 is available as a QuickFix only at this time via the QuickFix up to v3.2.7 topic

A new install would install v3.2.6, and apply the 3.2.7 quickfix.

• Joyce