Moving existing license key

Hello,

So I think that I may have totally messed this whole thing up. The question is, can I move the license key from the standalone database to the SQL database on the new server?

Here are the details…We currently use the old CE version of Ayanova. I finally got the owner talked into a dedicated server for the program as well as the purchase of the licenses for the new version of Ayanova. I ordered the computer and licenses on the internet that afternoon. Well, once I got the license file I also seen on the email that I had three days to install it or I would have to pay a $25 fee. Having not had a chance to read over all the documentation for v3 of Ayanova, I just went ahead and installed v3 on the existing host computer, entered the license key into the database as the steps said to and then called it good.

The server arrived last Friday and I was ready to get the new version up and going. I installed v3 on the new server and copied over Ayanova.dbf from the old host. I then spent a couple days of wrestling with Vista, Firebird, and SQL Express I finally got the SQLE setup and running correctly. Well, the license key is not showing up…the database still shows that it is a trial version.

So, as asked before, is there a way that I can move the license key from the standalone database on the old computer to the new SQL database on the server. Or do I really have to payout another $25 to have it reissued?

Thanks a million for reading this and I look forward to your answer.

-Joe

Hi Joe

From your topic question,the stand-alone database is licensed and still available. If this is the case, then do the following:

1. Delete the SQL AyaNova 3 database

2. Move the licensed AYANOVA.FDB from the stand-alone to the server as well as the stand-alone AyaNova.exe.config

3. Run AyaNova on the server logging in as the AyaNova Administrator, ensuring that this stand-alone AyaNova licensed database is what you log into - you are just confirming that it loads correctly. Then exit.

4. Now run the ToMSSQL.exe following the directions in the manual for setting up a SQL AyaNova database (which creates the SQL AyaNova database and transfers all data from the stand-alone database to the newly created AyaNova database, including the licenses)

5.Continue with the steps in the manual for setting up a SQL AyaNova database - such as editing the AyaNova.exe.config, logging in and confirming the SQL database now runs, etc.

1. Delete the AYANOVA.FDB database file (as no longer needed, and so that you have only the one AyaNova database)

2. Continue with the steps in the manual, such as copying files to networked computers etc.

The keycode never needs to be re-applied as the keycode is maintained in the database along with data. In the event of a loss of the database (theft, fire, system crash), you would restore your database from backup. Or in the case of moving to a new server - you would move the old database to the new server. You will also note that the activation keycode sent to you when you purchased your licenseshave a seven day window for applying - this is for the legal protection of the company that purchased the licenses to prevent unauthorized use of the keycode.

• Joyce

Not sure why that didn’t work when I tried it before I posted for assistance, but it worked this time. Thank you very much for the help, I appreciate it.

Not sure where else to post this…

Is there anywhere to download the old 1.9.4.4 setup file? Reason I ask is this…I have been trying to get v3 up and going and I seem to be running into a chain of issues that are causing me to sit around at the site for a while. Since it is a 1 1/2 hour drive to the store, what I would really like to do is install 1.9.4.4 and v3 here at home, complete the entire process with the files that I put on a DVD at the store earlier and make sure everything is going to work. Then go back up there and actually complete the process.

The old version installation files are no longer publically available (they are a very old version with limited features compared to the latest AyaNova that is available from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm ). If you were an old AyaNova CE licensed user, contact support@ayanova.com directly via the registered email address or provide the ShareIT reference order number, alsoprovide your full company name

• Joyce