Multiple scheduled users on a single workorder report

At times we have a job where we are going to need multiple users to report to a customers site for service but if we print out the workorder report it only list the main scheduled user. How can I get the report to display the list of scheduled users completely so we can send a copy to each tech showing the list of users that will be at the site.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Hi Joe, perhaps the report template from the Service Workorders grid you are using is not correctly designed to show all scheduled users.
For example of one that does, the Sample Dispatching Report from the Service Workorders grid in AyaNova 4 does show all scheduled users for that workorder - see the forum topic (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) which provides this report along with other sample report templates that are installed with AyaNova 4 by default.

The other thing you can do with AyaNova 4 is from the Schedule screen itself, is hold the CTRL key while clicking on all of the workorders items for the different scheduled users for that workorder, and select the Print selected workorders menu option, select the Sample Dispatching Report and it will preview. The Help file How do I…? (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) shows an example of doing this for one schedulable user - but you use the same principles if CTRL clicking to select different users scheduled workorder items.

If you would like me to check this report template you are using to see if there is something perhaps funky with it that it is not showing all of the scheduled users for that workorder reporting about, do the following

Export the report template you are using to a file - see (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) to do this.
Confirm this report template is from the Service Workorders grid
Zip up the report template file you have exported using WinZip and attach to your reply.

• Joyce

Oops, forgot to mention, I am using version 3, not 4. How will this affect your reply?

Thanks,

JOE

It would be the same in that perhaps your issue is because it is the report template from the Service Workorders grid you are using is not correctly designed to show ALL scheduled users. The information about printing from the Schedule screen in my reply a number of days ago, no would not be appropriate if you are using AyaNova 3, because that is not a feature of AyaNova 3.6 or lower. But the sample Dispatching Report that came with AyaNova is designed to show all, so perhaps someone edited it incorrectly.

I believe (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) from date of 2007 may be an example of the report for your version of AyaNova - have you downloaded it and run it and does it show all scheduled users correctly? If so, than you can use that to compare against your report template.

Have you checked the report template itself that the bands and fields are properly to the correct datafields etc?

As I offered in my reply a number of days ago:

• Export the report template you are using to a file

• Confirm this report template is from the Service Workorders grid

• Zip up the report template file you have exported using WinZip and attach to your reply.

• Also include a copy of your ayalog.txt file and the precise full version of AyaNova you are using (i.e. is it 3.6.0.0?)

• Joyce

Joyce,

I am the only IT person at the company so as you can well imagine I am running in 16 different directions all the time. Everyone needs something and nothing is ever quick and easy :slight_smile:

I have downloaded the sample report and as time permits I will play around with it a little and see what I can determine. If I cannot figure this out, I will attach a copy of the report per your offer and allow you to look at it for us.

thanks for your help, sorry for the delay but I have too many irons in the fire as they say.

JOE

I got this working by looking over the sample and changing the bands around a little. Thanks for the help.

My user ask if I could set up the report so it would only printout the workorderitem that was selected at the time you printout the report. I don’t have any idea how to filter the report based on the item in the workorder that is selected, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

JOE

Hi Joe

A report prints out based on what is being viewed at that time.

If you are in the workorder entry screen itself, than when you go to print a report it will print all of the data in thqat workorder. The report has no way of knowing that you are looking at a specific workorder item.

If instead you are viewing a grid, than the report will print data based on what record(s) you are showing

A suggestion to do this would be from the Items grid. Filter the grid to show only the specific workorder item record you

If using AyaNova 5, examples and tips on filtering can be found in the AyaNova 5 Help file
(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)
(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

If using AyaNova 3, you can still access the AyaNova 3 Manual available for download from our Download web page at http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm - refer to the table of contents at the beginning for details on filtering

• Joyce

If you open the workorder and change the workorder item status to ‘Complete’ and create a second workorder item, can you filter that report to only list the workorder items that the status is ‘Active’?

jredmon (9/18/2009)If you open the workorder and change the workorder item status to ‘Complete’ and create a second workorder item, can you filter that report to only list the workorder items that the status is ‘Active’?

Hi again

I am assuming you mean that you have a Workorder Status called “Complete” and a Workorder Status called “Active”? And your question is asking if the Workorder Item Status is selected as “Active”, can you filter to only show workorder items with that status?

If so, yes, you can filter on the Workorder Item Status column in the Items grid in the Service navigation pane.

If using AyaNova 5, examples and tips on filtering can be found in the AyaNova 5 Help file

• Joyce

I had to read this twice, I thought you missed my question at first but I see what you are saying. If I go the workorder and click the items on the left nag to display the list of items in the grid, I can then filter out all other workorders and list the active item. Worked like a champ.

thanks Joyce and have a great weekend.

I am trying to create a whole new workorder report for us because ours isn’t setup so it will show multiple items on a workorder. I was going through the ayanova website and looked at the online manual. Is there any place on the site for detailed explanations on building a report?

JOE

jredmon (9/18/2009)I am trying to create a whole new workorder report for us because ours isn’t setup so it will show multiple items on a workorder. I was going through the ayanova website and looked at the online manual. Is there any place on the site for detailed explanations on building a report?

JOE

Hi again Joe

The AyaNova Support Forum section Additional Sample Report Templates & Tutorials includes additional sample report templates as well as tutorials.

For example, the topic AyaNova5webhelp ]provides a Word document that is a tutoiral walking you step by step through creating a detailed report template for AyaNova 5.

That forum section include many additional sample report templates you can download and further customize as well. I do recommend going through the tutorial so that you have an overview, and than downloading one of the samples and further customizing, also referring to thethe AyaNova 5 Help file (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) How do I…?'s section starting with AyaNova5webhelp that provides tutorials on different aspects of customizing report templates.

• Joyce