Network Firebird error - Just installed firebird and now it errors on starting ayanova

Hi,

I have been using the database with the embedded engine and have now purchased the WBI and need to run the Firebird Server config. I’ve followed the instructions from the manual but every time I run the exe I get a error:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA.fdb”
Error while trying to open file

Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.()

Any suggestions?

Here is a copy of my Ayanova.exe.config

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
<configuration>

<appSettings>
<add key=“Authentication” value=“CSLA” />

<!-- Use a shared Firebird server, NOTE change the 192.168.1.100 below to your Firebird server’s actual IP Address -->
<add key=“ConnectionType” value=“DataBase” />
<add key=“DataBaseType” value=“FireBird” />
<add key=“DataBaseConnectionString” value=“ServerType=0;DataSource=192.168.1.100;DataBase=AYANOVA.fdb;User=SYSDBA;Password=aya78787;Dialect=3;” />

</appSettings>
</configuration>

And yes my IP is 192.168.1.100

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

You may have edited the AyaNova.exe.config file incorrectly.

Note how in your AyaNova.exe.config file you refer to the AYANOVA.fdb file

DataBase= in the AyaNova.exe.config file should equal to the name you set in the aliases.conf file

For example, if you entered AYANOVA = C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB in the aliases.config file, than the database would equal AYANOVA too

Check your aliases.conf file and edit your AyaNova.exe.config file to match the database name.

If you need additional help, provide the full text of the aliases.conf file, plus confirm where the AYANOVA.FDB file actually is.

• Joyce

Hi,

I’ve checked the aliases file and it looks ok, see below:

List of known database aliases

------------------------------

Examples:

dummy = c:\data\dummy.fdb

C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB

I’ve also changed the Ayanova.exe.config to show AYANOVA and not AYANOVA.fdb

Still no luck, the following error still comes up:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: Unable to complete network request to host “192.168.1.100”.

Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessIdentity.LoadIdentity(String UserName, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal…ctor(String Username, String Password)
at CSLA.Security.BusinessPrincipal.Login(String Username, String Password)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.()

Hi

Your aliases.conf is incorrect

You presently have: dir=ltr " ">

Examples:

C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB

Whereas it should be : dir=ltr " ">

Examples:

AYANOVA = C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB

Please edit your aliases.conf file as directed above (this is also in the AyaNova v3 Manual steps for configuring the aliases.conf file for networked Firebird) and than post back here that it now works.

Thank you

• Joyce

Thanks,

Sorry to have waisted your time…

I hope all AyaNova users do not feel it is a waste to post on the forum - as this will help other AyaNova users that may also run into the same issue

Althoughyourtime zone and mineare different, we do reply as quickly as we can to help you get up and running. But hopefully this will also help other AyaNova users to review their configuration steps if they encounter an issue, as that is always the fastest way to address a configuration / installation issue.

I am glad it is now working for you.

• Joyce