New User needs help

We order dell computers and install them, i would like to have the process from quoting to billing completed work laid out. I am ending up w/ a bunch of computers in inventory because they do not get pulled out onto the work order. And i can not bill for the completed work because the work order says i havn’t ordered the computers yet.

TIA

Clay

Hi Clay

A suggestion is to:

1. Create a quote for the client entering and selectingthe quantity of the Dell computers in the Parts subsection

2. If the quote is accepted, than generate a workorder from the quote which will transfer all entered information into the workorder so that you do not have to re-type/re-select. See the AyaNova 4 Help file section on generating a workorder from a quote

3. As a quote does not actually affect inventory -see Parts selected in Quotes in the AyaNova 4 Help file section on the Quote entry screen - when a quote is converted to a service workorder, that the quantity of parts in a quote are not entered in the Quantity column within the Parts subgrid in a service workorder. Insteadin the service workorder you identify the actual quantity in the workorder, and if serialized, select the actual serial number etc.

4. If the Dell computers are not presently in stock when you enter in the Quantity in the workorder, than AyaNova will ask you if you want to request the quantity. See the Parts and Part Requests section of the service workorder in the AyaNova 4 Help file

5. Now that the parts have been requested, you can now place a purchase order based on those part requests tied to that workorder. See the AyaNova 4 Help file section

6. When the parts are received into inventory, than you can at that time enter in the actual quantity (or if serialized received into inventory select the serial numbers that are now received into inventory) in the service workorder. dir=ltr " ">

6.b. Note that the person that created the part request and the scheduled user that will install can also subscribe to be notified when parts are received into inventory for a part requests by subscribing to the notification Workorder item part request ?€“ parts received. See the Notification Subscriptions section of the AyaNova 4 Help file

1. Once you have selected the actual parts and their quantity (and serial numbers if applicable), and entered any other billable information, you can use for example the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total report template as your invoice to the client<P 8. Or if using QuickBooks and have the optional add-on QBI, use QBI to invoice the billable items from this workorder into QuickBooks. See also Basic Overview of a Workorder in the AyaNova 4 Help file
  • Joyce