Notification Changes

Currently, each Technician is notified via email when a workorder item is created/updated for them (scheduled user).
But, if I re-assign the job (change scheduled users) to someone else, they are telling me they do not get notified this change was made.
Is there a way to let them know that the workorder was reassigned to a different scheduled user?
Version 7.2.0.0
Thanks,

Hi

I have just confirmed the following occurs with no issues in a trial AyaNova here:
[ul]
[li]I logged in as Tech1, subscribed to Workorder item scheduled user ? (created / updated) with Delivery Method of Memo
[/li][li]I logged in as Tech2, also subscribed to Workorder item scheduled user ? (created / updated) with Delivery Method of Memo
[/li][li]Created workorder 130, entered Tech1 as the scheduled tech with start and stop date of 2014/3/14. Saved the workorder.
[/li][li]Confirmed Tech1 received notification for Workorder item scheduled user ? (created / updated) for workorder #130
[/li][li] Checked Tech1’s own Notifications Logs (last 7 days) and confirmed do see log for this notification and is successful.
[/li][li] And checked the Administration navigation pane’s Notifications Logs (last 7 days) and confirmed do see log for this notification and is successful.
[/li][li] Edited that same workorder 130, changing the scheduled tech from Tech1 to Tech2. Saved the workorder
[/li][li] Confirmed Tech2 receives notification for Workorder item scheduled user ? (created / updated) for workorder #130
[/li][li] Checked Tech2’s own Notifications Logs (last 7 days) and confirmed do see log for this notification and is successful.
[/li][li] And checked the Administration navigation pane’s Notifications Logs (last 7 days) and confirmed do see log for this notification and is successful.
[/li][/ul]

I would recommend the following troubleshooting if your staff are not receiving notifications:

Confirm whether a notification was sent out or not, if successful or not by viewing the Notification Logs of the actual tech as well as in the Administration navigation pane:
[ul]
[li] log in as the technician themselves into your AyaNova, view that technicians Notification Logs (last 7 days) in their user navigation pane and confirm whether a notification was sent to this tech or not, does it correspond with when you changed the scheduled user, and if successful or not
[/li][li] log in as AyaNova Administrator, move to the Notification Logs (last 7 days) Administration navigation pane, confirm whether a notification was sent to that technician or not, when, does it correspond with when you changed the scheduled user, and if successful or not.
[/li][/ul]

Confirm that the technician is subscribed to the correct Notification, and what Delivery Methods is used with that subscribed notification, and confirm the fields of that delivery method are valid.

Perform the same steps I did, using Memo as the delivery method for both.

Once confirmed successful, then test with the actual Delivery Methods and document how and what you did. (assuming of course that your SMTP notifications are set up successfully in your Global Settings of course)

Let me know what the issue was and what resolved it.
Or if continuing to experience an issue, do provide details of your troubleshooting steps for context and we can troubleshoot further.

• Joyce

Joyce,
All of that is correct.
However, when you changed the Workorder to Tech 2, Tech1 wasn’t notified he was no longer needed for the job (removed from the schedule). So I am looking for a way to let them know the schedule has changed and they are no longer scheduled for a specific workorder.

Hello again

Thank you for clarifying that your question was asking if there was a way for the unscheduled technician to receive a notification that they are no longer scheduled for a previously scheduled workorder item.

I will certainly pass it onto development to look into what might be possible with a future version of AyaNova. But at this time, no, there is not a notification that a user can subscribe to, to be notified when they are no longer scheduled for a workorder they were previously scheduled for.

I would recommend that your techs take advantage of referring to their live schedule throughout their work day - using either their desktop AyaNova, WBI and/or MBI - which would show what workorders they are actually scheduled in.