Opening Multiple Work Orders

Is there any way to have more than one work order open at a time? Sometimes I have a tech who is working on more than one project at a time. I would like to bill for his time on both projects.

Hi

Via one running of the program on your desktop, no, you can only open one workorder at a time.

But if the AyaNova database is configured for network access, then you can open the program itself multiple times - each running of the program being able to open a different workorder. Also take a look at the topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1194-91-1.aspx

• Joyce

I’d like to bump this to a wish list item. Dispatchers doing multiple things at once are having a fit not being able to open multiple WO’s or other windows within the same Ayanova instance is driving them bonkers. It’s also a massive waste of desktop resources opening multiple instances of Ayanova just to be able to have more than 1 window open.

ChrisACT (12/28/2007)I’d like to bump this to a wish list item. Dispatchers doing multiple things at once are having a fit not being able to open multiple WO’s or other windows within the same Ayanova instance is driving them bonkers. It’s also a massive waste of desktop resources opening multiple instances of Ayanova just to be able to have more than 1 window open.

Hi Chris, we’re working on AyaNova 4.x right now and one of the internal changes means we should be able to support this feature in the new releases going forward.

We had previously not supported it because we didn’t want to expose users to potentially losing their work if they opened the same work order twice and entered data in both copies before saving. (The first to save “wins” the second would lose it’s changes) We have a better method in v4 of tracking what objects are open inside a single running copy of AyaNova so it’s potentially much simpler to open up the ability to open multiple work orders at one time. (of course never the same one twice)

We’re nearly at the cut off for any new features for version 4 but I’ll see if I can squeeze this one last thing in.

NOTE : This is now a feature of AyaNova 4