Parts History

We are very interestedin your software. The ability to customize the product to our needs without paying excessive programming fees is great.

Our questions is about tracking parts history by units. We need the ability to access the last date, and meter reading, that a part was replaced on a specific unit.

For example:

Customer: Joe’s Garage

Unit Model: Air Compressor 1

Serial Number: 0009991

Part Number: ABC123

Date of replacement: October 23, 2008

Meter reading at replacement: 23370

Is there a report for this or can one be built by us?

We also are interested in a report that will allow us to print out a list of parts required for upcoming PM agreements. We’d like to be able to print this at least one month in advance.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, in addition to the existing sample report templates that come with AyaNova installed, you can also customize those further as well as create your own.

We provide a number of How do I…?'s providing a walk through on customizing report templates and creating your own in the AyaNova 4 Help file (the version of AyaNova available at the time of this posting) starting with xx

Also in the forum section AyaNova Printing and Report Templates we provide additional sample report templates that you can download and use as is, or customize further, and/or refer to existing topics and their details when creating/customizing your own.

Another suggestion is to follow along with the many tutorials in the Help documentation as well as the additional tutorials found in that forum section.

Our questions is about tracking parts history by units. We need the ability to access the last date, and meter reading, that a part was replaced on a specific unit. Is there a report for this or can one be built by us?

One suggestion is view the workorder entry screen for this unit with this part, and select the Sample Unit History Report from the Print menu as that report identifies the client, the unit and its serial number, and when labor was performed (i.e. the part was replaced) and the part itself.

And you can certainly customize this report template further.

Do note that the Meter Reading fields from theMeter Reading subgridof a Unit’e entry screen are not available from a service workorder report template - you can print out a Meter Reading report itself but its fields are not available for printing in a service workorder report.Refer to the AyaNova Help file about Meter Reading for more details.

But a suggestion is if you always want the meter reading of the unit at the time of service to be available via a report from the service workorder itselfis tohave Custom Fields for workorder items set up. For example, enable Custom Fields for Workorder Items (via the Custom Fields in the Administration navigation pane), enable a text field as the custom field and label it Meter Reading. Have your staff enter the Meter Reading in that custom field in the workorder, and you can edit the report template so that this field displays on the report template. Go through the details and How do I on custom fields in the AyaNova Help file for an overview of setting up custom fields, and than do this for the Workorder Items.

We also offer custom report template design for a fee.

We also are interested in a report that will allow us to print out a list of parts required for upcoming PM agreements. We’d like to be able to print this at least one month in advance.

Take a look at the Parts grid in the Preventive Maintenance navigation pane - drop down the Print menu option in that grid, and you will see the sample report template Parts Needed For Upcoming PMs This is an example of what you could have - this report template identifies the part and what PM’s is needed.

And as with any report template, you can customize as well as create your own, or as offered in the forum topic I can create custom report templates for you - just send a mockup etc as outlined in that forum topic and I can provide a quote.

Also note that you can filter the grid on different columns (as well as sort) so

Thanks Joyce,

One other question, for now:D

I saw in your replys recently you mentioned a version 5 to be released late spring 2009. Is there a more firm date on that release yet? Could you estimate at least what month?

We may delay our purchase if the update is more than 60 days out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi again Jeff, at this time we can not provide the actual month of release for AyaNova version5 as it is too early in development - release will be spring/summer 2009 - sometime between March and July is the best I can do at this point. We will be posting more information as we go along.

• Joyce

Thanks Joyce

I’ll pass that information on to my boss.

Joyce,

This is unrealated to the parts history question.

We were trying to set up a network with the evaluation trial to see how things worked. I ran into an issue with the first computer I tried to network.

First, can we network the evaluation trial, or do we need to get the full trial software?

Second, this is the message we get when trying to open AyaNova on the networked computer:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: Unable to complete network request to host “192.168.1.111”.

Hi again

First, can we network the evaluation trial, or do we need to get the full trial software?

Yes you can network AyaNova. You do not need different AyaNova installation software to network AyaNova - it is the same AyaNovaSetup.exe installation file used.

The AyaNovaSetup.exe installs by default for stand-alone use. And than as per the networking steps in the AyaNova 4 Help file, you network that installation of AyaNova by performing specific steps.

Second, this is the message we get when trying to open AyaNova on the networked computer:

If you encounter an issue when setting up or configuring, always double-check your steps from the start. 99.9% of the time it usually is that a step was missed, or performed incorrectly. What you need to do is recheck each of your networking steps.

The below is assuming you are configuring for Firebird Server. If you are configuring for SQL Express or SQL, recheck the AyaNova 4 Help file section for that particular configuration, including the notes about firewall.

Start going through each of the listed below and confirm. If you determine the issue, fix it at that stage and post back what it was, and the answers and confirmation of that listed before it:

From the Notes of your Firebird AyaNova networking steps, does the server have a firewall running?
Have you turned it off to see if the networked computer can now connect?
If the networked computer can connect when the server’s firewall is turned off, that means that you did not enable the port 3050 as per the Firebird Server configuration steps. You need to do this.
Perform step #1 again of the network AyaNova Firebird Server steps where you confirm what the IP address is of the server while at the server itself first, and than confirm can ping this ip address from this networked computer second.
What is the server’s ip that you have confirmed?
Is this the IP address of the config.txt file that the networked computer has in its AyaNova program folder?
Identify and confirm the exact path where you moved the AyaNova database file to as per step #3 on this server
From step #4 once Firebird Server is installed, you edited the aliases.conf file so that it points to the location of your networked AyaNova database server on the server. Zip up the aliases.conf file using WinZIp and attach to your reply
In step #5 you edited the config.txt file on the server, and than ran the AyaNova program. Does the AyaNova program successfully run on the server itself?
Attach a copy of the config.txt from the server’s AyaNova program folder renamed to serverconfig.txt to your reply
Attach a copy of the config.txt from the networked computer’s AyaNova program folder renamed to computerconfig.txt to your reply
Identify what operating system is your server
For your convenience, also note that you can perform a search for an error in this forum, and you will find the same troubleshooting as above to determine what step was missed or performed incorrectly.

Thanks Joyce. You’re always so prompt to respond.

I went back and retraced the steps, I missed the big bold print at the top that says what port the firebird server uses. Once I opened that port in the firewall it worked.

We’ll be in touch soon to get our registered copy!

Thanks,

Jeff