PeachTree Accounting & AyaNova

We use Peachtree for accounting and for inventory. We do our purchasing, receiving, inventory, invoicing, payments and payroll from Peachtree. We use Ayanova for tracking our client’s equipment, service plans, documenting our service calls and documenting our depot repair. We currently import parts descriptions, part numbers and prices into Ayanova after exporting them from Peachtree into a .CSV file. While it looks like Bamboo will have some duplication of the capabilities of Peachtree, I believe that you are not intending to write an accounting program. Will Bamboo have any direct connectivity to Peachtree? Will Bamboo have a bill of materials or the ability to create assemblies from parts in the inventory module? Will Bamboo have the ability to export inventory information to a .CSV file so that I can import it into Peachtree if it Bamboo has better inventory management then Peachtree?

Tom Demmitt (10/15/2005)We use Peachtree for accounting and for inventory. We do our purchasing, receiving, inventory, invoicing, payments and payroll from Peachtree. We use Ayanova for tracking our client’s equipment, service plans, documenting our service calls and documenting our depot repair. We currently import parts descriptions, part numbers and prices into Ayanova after exporting them from Peachtree into a .CSV file. While it looks like Bamboo will have some duplication of the capabilities of Peachtree, I believe that you are not intending to write an accounting program. Will Bamboo have any direct connectivity to Peachtree? Will Bamboo have a bill of materials or the ability to create assemblies from parts in the inventory module? Will Bamboo have the ability to export inventory information to a .CSV file so that I can import it into Peachtree if it Bamboo has better inventory management then Peachtree?

Hi Tom, we tried on two separate occasions to work with Peachtree integration with the current AyaNova CE and the experience was less than encouraging. At the time (most recently about two years ago) they were not very forthcoming in supporting 3rd party developers who want to do more than create files for importing exporting which is pretty much the lowest way of doing it because it forces the user to have to do so much manually. What we were after was working directly with the data or through a developers API making it a select and click operation as it is with our QuickBooks add-on.

The last time I enquired with Peachtree they told me they don’t support 3rd party developers at all but have a 3rd party company we can work with that does all their integration and directed me to them. Those people told me we could pay them to make the integration for us, basically hire them to do it, but it was incredibly expensive and most importantly left us with no control over the quality of the product or the ability to make changes as we change AyaNova and added new features. This just wasn’t practical so we abandoned the idea. We would probably have had to charge well over a thousand dollars per license for anyone wanting to integrate their Peachtree with AyaNova and that isn’t what we’re all about.

We haven’t looked recently, but it’s on the books to take a look again after release of Bamboo and the QuickBooks interface, to re-examine Peachtree and see if anything has changed. It may well have because Intuit have actually bent over backwards to provide a full developers API for integrating with QuickBooks and provide it for free with full support so that’s a no brainer for most 3rd party developers like us. I would be very surprised if Peachtree is still remaining out in the cold with so much competitive pressure like that.

In any event, if there is anything we can do to support it directly with a simple interface with no manual steps involved like importing / exporting files we would love to do that and will look into it. We know there are a significant number of companies using Peachtree.

If we can’t then we will definitely add anything required to at least support import export via a file if that’s what’s required, but we may need some assistance from someone such as yourself that knows exactly what they want to do with it.

Wedefinitely do not want to write an accounting program, we’ve always avoided that for the simple reason that it’s not our area of expertise andwe would never do it as well as a company dedicated to it. Also because AyaNova is used globally it would really be impractical to support all accounting requirements in every country. We will continue to focus on service management and integration with popular accounting software.

Bamboo does have an assembly feature for parts and we will definitely be able to add whatever is required for exporting purposes. This will probably be as simple as ensuring there is a list of data in Bamboo for reporting that includes

How about MYOB?

Hello Darryl

MYOB integrationis on the list to look into after the initial release.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Any plans for MS Small Biz Accounting?

Thanks,

-dan

frontrange.ctscolorado.com

Hello Dan

We have moved this thread into the Wish List

The Wish List is where features not listed as presently coming in the next generation AyaNova can be placed for our developers to review and short-list for new features to add to future releases.

Thank you

Hiya’s,

any progress being made on integration of Australian & (more importantly) New Zealand versions of QB?. :slight_smile:

[ FORUM NOTE : please see the forum topic [b][i]http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic4238-94-1.aspx[/i][/b]about the newly released Australian QuickBooks 2008/2009 QBI 4.16]

At this time we are in development of the AyaNova v3.2 release to coincide with the release of the optional web browser interface. After that, we will be going through the Wish List to add additional features and add-ons . We will continue to post information on upcoming releases in the AyaNova v3 Road Map

Do note that at this time, Intuit (QuickBooks) does not provide Australian and New Zealandsupport in the SDK we useto develop the QBI interface

Intuit is thedeveloper of QuickBooks who provide the software developers kit that we use to integrate AyaNova with the U.S., Canadian and U.K. editions of QuickBooks.

So for now we have posted in ourSDK / API subforum, an invitation to Australian and New Zealand developers that do have access to the Australian / New Zealand SDK and Australian / New Zealand QuickBooks to utilize the AyaNova API to develop a third party interface between AyaNova and Australian / New Zealand QuickBooks.

Thank you.

Hi

Do note that Australian and New Zealand QuickBooks users could use the ImportCSV utilities available from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm to import and export clients or parts between QuickBooks and AyaNova.

Refer to the topic http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic1275-91-1.aspxand to the AyaNova v3 Manual section on the Import / Export Utilities.

• Joyce

Interesting news and potentially helpful for PeachTree users:

We’ve just got our hands on PeachTree’s SDK (software development kit) to look into developing a PeachTree interface for AyaNova.

PeachTree now no longer restricts third party development to one software company!

Do note that compatible versions would be Premium and Complete only - PeachTree doesn’t provide compatibility with creating an third party interface for their lower end PEachTree versions such as First or Pro at this time of this post - may change, but that is what is available right now.

We do not have an ETA at this time for release but will be posting more information as it comes in.

• Joyce

PTI (PeachTree interface) is now available for download for those that would like to try it out.

Do not that you must be using the latest version AyaNovabefore installing PTI - refer to the Known Issues & Updates section of this forum for steps to update to the latest version of AyaNova>

We would be happy to send you a temporary keycode for AyaNova and the Beta PTI.

A. If you are already licensed for AyaNova scheduled users, send the following information via direct email to support@ayanova.com :
-A request for a 30 day trial for PTI Log into your AyaNova as the Administrator, select menu Help -> License, and copy all information and paste into the email to us

B. If you have not yet purchased AyaNova scheduled user licenses, send the following information via direct email to support@ayanova.com :
Your name
Your company name
Your company contact information
Your company web site (if you have one)
The number of schedulable users you would like to trial AyaNova with