Periodic Scheduler

Hi,

I have recently upgrade Ayanova to 5.0.4. Everything has worked fine for the past 3 weeks. However, about 4 days ago we have noticed that Ayanova will generate 3 work-orders for items that are in the Periodic Scheduler. For example I have a Preventive Maintenance job that will automatically generate a Work Order on the 5 September 2009. instead of generating just 1 Work Order the scheduler generates 3 separate work order for the same job. I have to manually void the other 2 work orders. It does this for every item that is in the scheduler. Is there a fix for this issue. Any help offered is much appreciated.

Hi Farouk

The only instance where we have heard this occur, has been because the service company had multiple instances of the Generator running on multiple networked computers all connecting to the same database - as a result, the Generator on each of those computers would cause the PM to generate a service workorder. So if you have three workorders generated from the PM, that would indicate that you have three computers running Generator whereas you should only have one.

You will need to check every computer’s Serviceson your network and make sure that the Generator is not installed and running, and if it is, disable it - make sure only the server has the AyaNova Generator service running.

Do post back your results

• Joyce

Thanks for the prompt reply joyce. I will check my generator service on all PCand will post back my results

Hi Joyce,

Your suspicionis correct. There are multiple instances of generator service running on the network. And the generator is not running on the server. I have stopped all the Generator service from running on all the computers. how do I install the generator service on the server. Do I have to reinstall the software?

Thanks

Farouk

Hi again Farouk

Yes, install the Generator on the server as per the AyaNova 5 Help file section (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

Make sure you are installing the same version of AyaNova as all the networked computers have.

Do note that the latest version of AyaNova is 5.0.5, so it would be recommended that you perform the steps at (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) to first update the server to 5.0.5, and then update all of the networked computers also to 5.0.5

Could you also send directly to support@ayanova.com a copy of the ayalog.txt file from either the server or one of the network computer’s AyaNova program folder ( location is C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova) as had sent an email asking for it, but have received no reply. Thank you

• Joyce