PM Report Question

While in Preventative Maintenancece records, I can funnel the grid down and run the included “Next Service Dates of PM’s” report and have a report listing only the records shown in the grid. However, if I funnel by date and have say 5 records in the grid, the report will list every PM record in the database.

I get the same results whether I use the canned report, modify it or try to develop my own.

Any suggestions?

Good morning Dan

By what exact column do you filter by that results in all records showing in the report template, even though the grid will display a filtered list of PM’s - you say filter by date, but by what date field?

Please always provide detailed information so that we may reproduce your issue exactly. Thank you.

• Joyce

Hi again Dan

I believe I have tested filtering by every date field in the Preventive Maintenance grid, with the result that the report template only displays what records are left showing in the grid. It’s possible I am not filtering by the same column you are, or do not have the exact same report template you have.

Please do identify by which exact column are you filtering.

Also export a copy of your “Next Service Date of PM’s” report template, zip it up using WinZip and attach to your reply so that I may import it and determine if there is a difference with your report template.

Also identify what configuration are you using - default stand-alone installation, network Firebird configuration or SQL Server configuration.

Thank you.

• Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I wanted to get home this evening to test with the evaluation copyto eliminate my working version at the office. Here is what I have. (Same results on my live version at work and here.) Obviously, the one at home is right “out of the box”. Work version is using network SQL DB.

For this example I’m using the one at home for simplicity.

1. Click on the Preventative Maintenance tab at left navigation pane.
  2. You have 4 PM’s when viewing all.
  3. Custom filter the Next Service Date column to show only dates that fall in July of 2006. (There’s just one, that’s OK)
    Filter I use is: [Next service date]>=‘7/1/2006’ AND [Next service date]<=‘7/31/2006’
  4. When you click OK, the grid now only displays the one record for Ministry of Natural Resources. So far - so good!
  5. Now print the canned report “Next Service Dates of PMs”.
  6. When viewing the report, you will see 3 records instead of 1.

It appears that the AND instruction maynot be working properly with the report, but only with the grid. This is the result that I get when I try to do this at work.

In the funnel choices there is a choice for [Month -Next]. In your sample PM’s this returns 1 entry for June in the grid and also returns 1 record in the report. Works great! However, since there are no choices for other future months, then the only way to look at a month several months down the road is to do a custom query in the funnel.

If you need additional info, just let me know.

Thanks for your help Joyce,

Dan

Hi Dan

Thank you for the additional information.

What is occurring is that the Operand must be an actual date of an actual PM for the query to be identified by the report template properly.

For example, in your information about, you had manually entered in the date ‘7/1/2006’ as Next Service Date always shows a time as well as the date.

What you want to do, is select an actual Operand from the drop down selection list. For example, if the first listed PM for July is 07/03/2006 11:00 AM, you would select that date for the Operand from the drop down selection for Operand

Can you try that and let me know?

Thank you

• Joyce

Hi again

Do note that I have just noticed that if using a Operator of “Less than or equal to” that “Less than or equal to” actually returns as if “Less than” was selected.

For example, lets say you have four PM’s items dated
07/03/2006 11:00AM
07/16/2006 2:00PM
07/27/2006 8:00AM
08/06/2006 2:00PM

And you want to set a custom filter to display only PM’s for July, if you select Operator of “Greater than or equal to” with Operand of 07/03/2006 11:00AM and a Operator of “Less than or equal to” with Operand of 07/27/2006 8:00AM, the grid will only show two PM’s - dated 07/03/2006 11:00AM and 07/16/2006 2:00PM

You need to set the Operator of “Less than or equal to” with Operand of 08/06/2006 2:00PM to show only the 3 PM’s items that occur in July. There appears to be a bug in the filter with dates for the “Less than or equal to” in that it is only returning as if “Less than” was selected.

[Editor’s Note: the above filter issue is now resolved in the latest version of AyaNova]

Well, no go.

First I created another PM for the month of July- next service dateof 7/20/2006 so as to have two to work with. Then I ran a custom query again using the same >= & <= formula but selected actual dates in the drop down operandslike you suggested.

This time, the funnel will turn blue, but all PMs are still shown in grid. All records show in report too.

Hi again Dan

Can you create a screen shot showing the PM grid unfiltered (showing at minimum the Next Service Date column, total number of PM’s etc). Embed this into a Word document.

Than create a screen shot showing your custom filter. Embed into the Word document.

Then create a screenshot of the same PM grid - but showing that it is now filtered with that custom filter. Embed into the Word document.

Save the Word document. Zip using WinZipand attach to your reply.

Thank you

OK, all pm’s are

5/30/2006 11:00 AM
6/27/2006 02:00 PM
7/11/2006 06:00 PM
7/20/2006 08:00PM (I added this one)
12/08/2006 04:36 AM

I have tried:

[Next service date] >= ‘7/11/2006 06:00 PM’ AND [Next service date] <= ‘12/08/2006 04:36 AM’

[Next service date] >= ‘7/11/2006 06:00 PM’ AND [Next service date] < ‘12/08/2006 04:36 AM’

Funnel turns blue, but grid and report still show all records.

The other thing that I noticed is that if you drop down the funnel and click on a single date, then no records are displayed in the grid or on the report. ???

Joyce - AyaNova Support (5/22/2006)Hi again Dan

Can you create a screen shot showing the PM grid unfiltered (showing at minimum the Next Service Date column, total number of PM’s etc). Embed this into a Word document.

Than create a screen shot showing your custom filter. Embed into the Word document.

Then create a screenshot of the same PM grid - but showing that it is now filtered with that custom filter. Embed into the Word document.

Save the Word document. Zip using WinZipand attach to your reply.

Thank you

OK, I’ll do this tomorrow. THANKS!

Dan (5/22/2006)The other thing that I noticed is that if you drop down the funnel and click on a single date, then no records are displayed in the grid or on the report. ???

Hi Dan

If you want a report on a specific single PM, open that PM’s entry screen, and select the report.

For example, if you want to report off of the single PM with the Next Service Date of 7/20/2006 08:00PM, then select that PM’s number to open its entry screen. From the menu for that PM, select to drop down Print - the report is also available here for single PM’s. (this also applies for single Quotes or single Service Workorders).

I will look for the attachment tomorrow. Have a good evening.

• Joyce

Here you go Joyce.

Hi Dan

Can you perform the custom filter so that <Less than> is the first Operator with Operand of 06/05/2007 7:00AM and <Greater than or equal to> is the second Operator with Operand of 05/10/2007 8:00AM and then apply that and let me know that the report now shows what is showing on the grid?

for example:

Hmmmm, very interesting. It works when you reverse the query like that! Grid and report now match.

Thank you Joyce.