Printing Workorder Errors

I have WBI 3.3.0 setup and functioning now. But I have 2 problems I need help with.

First, when a client tries to open a workorder, about half the time they get the following error:<H2>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</H2>

at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.ReportDataSetAdapter.Fill(ReportDataSet ds, Object source)
at ReportView.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at BaseThemePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

If they close the workorder window and then reopen it, most of the time it then displays correctly.

Second, once they get it open, when they try to print it using the print button, it prints but the logo image that I put on it does not print.

If we save it to PDF and print, the logo prints fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Allen

Hi Allen

Can you send the URL to your WBI login page, and this client’s login name and password directly to support@ayanova.com so that I can log in and check out what is occurring.

• Joyce

Hi Allen

Thank you for sending the information.

I tested and was able to reproduce what you are seeing with IE6, but not with Firefox 2. And then I was testing on my version, and was not able to reproduce (Print Preview via the IE6 menu won’t show the image, but using the actual Print icon within the web page that is via AyaNova does print the image)

Then I clued in - we just released AyaNova v3.3.3.0 and WBI v3.3.3.0 last night so you must be using v3.3.0.0 instead (notifications about the latest release will be arriving soon to licensed registered email addresses that checkmarked to received AyaNova related information when theier licenses were purchased).

This latest version 3.3.3.0 includes the latest printing engine components that address an HTML printing issue of images that you are experiencing.

Please refer to the steps to update to the latest version of AyaNova, and also WBI at http://forum.ayanova.com/Forum96-1.aspx

If you continue to expeirence an intermittent issue with “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”, do check the load on your WBI server - keep an eye on processor use, memory, etc while logged in via WBI. WBI has been load tested with 200 simultaneous users, but your WBI computer itself may be overloaded.

Do let me know when you have updated AyaNova and WBI, and I can re-test again.

• Joyce