Problem installing QBI version 3

In step 5 of QBI installation, i have pasted a copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file and renamed it to AyaNovaQBI.exe.config. I now need to edit it by deleting the user and password as described in steps 5. a. and b. But i can’t open the file to edit it. When i right click and click on edit, it asks for a program to open the file. It defaulted to word and the document is empty. Please help. thanks

R Mountain (4/1/2006)In step 5 of QBI installation, i have pasted a copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file and renamed it to AyaNovaQBI.exe.config. I now need to edit it by deleting the user and password as described in steps 5. a. and b. But i can’t open the file to edit it. When i right click and click on edit, it asks for a program to open the file. It defaulted to word and the document is empty. Please help. thanks

Hi

When you right-click and select Edit, choose NotePad as the program to open the file with.

Do not use MS Word.

If it attempts to open it again automatically with MS Word, instead right-click on AyaNovaQBI.exe.config and select Open With…and select NotePad. If NotePad is not listed, than select Open With… -> Choose Program… -> select to open with NotePad.

Try again, and let me know this now works.

• Joyce

That worked. Now on the next step when i double click on the QBI icon i get an error message, “An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you cliek Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immidiately”. When i click continue, the screen is blank.

I got it to work. The file should be renamed AyaNovaQBI.exe (as the config is automatic) not AyaNovaQBI.exe.config. thanks

R Mountain (4/1/2006)That worked. Now on the next step when i double click on the QBI icon i get an error message, “An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you cliek Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immidiately”. When i click continue, the screen is blank.

When you receive the message, there is a Details button. Copy the text of the Details into your reply.

• Joyce

Joyce - AyaNova Support (4/1/2006)[quote]R Mountain (4/1/2006)<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top>I got it to work. The file should be renamed AyaNovaQBI.exe (as the config is automatic) not AyaNovaQBI.exe.config. thanks </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

There is the program executable AyaNovaQBI.exe

And than there needs to be the configuration file AyaNovaQBI.exe.config

If you are now able to load QBI, than you have both of those files.

Please confirm this.

• Joyce

I will moved this topic to the QBI v3 (QuickBooks Integration) section of the forum with the other QBI related topics.

• Joyce

Next problem: After opening QBI and allowing access to quickbooks i get an processing error: " A query request did not find a matching object in QuckBooks Code: 1". It occurs when trying to read vendors. Please help. thanks

here are the details:

System.ApplicationException: A query request did not find a matching object in QuickBooks Code: 1
at AyaNovaQBI.Util.()
at AyaNovaQBI.Util.PopulateQBListCache()
at AyaNovaQBI.Util.PreFlightCheck()
at AyaNovaQBI.MainForm.()
at AyaNovaQBI.MainForm.(Object , EventArgs )
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll](file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll)

AyaNovaQBI
Assembly Version: 3.1.3.0
Win32 Version: 3.1.3.0
CodeBase: [file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/AyaNovaQBI.exe](file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/AyaNovaQBI.exe)

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll](file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll)

System
CodeBase: [file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll](file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll)

GZTW.AyaNova.BLL
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: [file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.DLL](file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.DLL)

CSLA
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase: [file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/CSLA.DLL](file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/CSLA.DLL)

CSLA.Core.Bindablebase
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase: <A href=“file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaNova%203/CSLA.Core.Bindablebase.DLL”>file:///C:/Program%20Files/Ground%20Zero%20Tech-Works%20Inc/AyaN

Please provide the following information:

1. Exact country and version and service patch of locally installed QuickBooks on this same computer (view this information from within QuickBooks by having QuickBooks open, and press CTRL-1 to bring up the system information give us the exact wording as the first line shows)

2. Zip up the AyaNovaQBI.exe.config file and attach to your reply

3. What is your operating system on this computer

4. What version of QBI is installed (right-click on the AyaNovaQBI.exe executable file, select Properties, select the Version tab

5. What version of AyaNova v3 is installed (right-click on the AyaNova.exe executable file, select Properties, select the Version tab - or if AyaNova v3 is running, select the menu Help -> About this program

Hi agian

In QuickBooks - do you have any Vendors created?

• Joyce

Here is the info:

Quickbooks Pro 2006 Release R3P

Operating system is Windows xp professional

QBI version 3.1.3

AyaNova version 3.1.1

In QuickBooks - do you havve at least one Customer created, one Item created, one Vendor created?

• Joyce

No. I just put the company info in and items, etc. But no vendors and no customers.

Hi

Create at least one Customer, one Item and one Vendor.

Than start QBI again.

• Joyce

Done, and works. Thanks