Problem with Client import to blank database.

Hi, we’ve just started to populate our “live clean” database. The issue I am having is that after we have imported our client details into the database, their address related details do not appear in the client list. The address details are in the individual client records under the postal addresses. Only if you copy them into the physical address do they then appear in the client list columns.

The odd thing is when I imported into the test Ayanova database, they appeared ok & in the Physical address section of the client record without me doing anything to acheive it !

What am I doing wrong &/or what is the fix for this, I don’t fancy manually copying the details from the Postal to physical sections to make them appear!

Hi Graeme

If when you were trialing AyaNova and you performed a Client Import using the ImportExportCSV utility and the client’s address showed in the Physical Address section, that would mean that you selected to import the address fields into the Physical Address fields.
And if after erasing the database and performing the import again, but the addresses now show only in the Postal, that would indicate that your most recent import you selected to have the address import into the Postal Address fields.

Three options:

1. Restore your database from the backup you made prior to importing
  • once restored, perform the client record import again, this time make sure you select to import into the Physical address fields rather than the Postal Address fields (or have your CSV file include both, so that you import into both the Physical AND the Postal)
  1. Erase your database
    Doing so will erase ALL data as per http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/erase_the_ayanova_database.htm
  • once erased, perform the client record import again, this time make sure you select to import into the Physical address fields rather than the Postal Address fields (or have your CSV file include both, so that you import into both the Physical AND the Postal)
  1. Use the Duplicate option of the ImportExportCSV utility to update your existing client records, importing in the Physical address fields (Physical address is the Delivery address where you physically would go to; Postal address is the mailing address)
  • Joyce