Problems with Dataportal - When I attempt to login I get a "Ayanova was unable to start"

Hello Joyce.

I have set up the Ayanova DataportalDP. I am have a problem. I can see the code when I type in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:6969/AyaNovaDP/DataPortal.rem?wsdlbut when I attempt to login thru shortcut I get “Ayanova was unable to start”.

I have tryed (I think) :wink: everything on the forum. Any suggestions?

Hi Mark

1. Please provide specifically what is meant by “login thru shortcut”?

2. From what computer are you accessing via a Data Portal connection string in the AyaNova.exe.config - is this a computer within the network, or a computer “outside” attaching via Internet that has to go through a firewall?

• Joyce

Joyce per you instructions it states:

Create a desktop shortcut to the AyaNova.exe
Right-click on the desktop
Select New -> Shortcut
Browse to the location of the AyaNova 3 folder and files that you copied to this remote computer’s local hard drive
Select AyaNova.exe
Select OK
Select Next
Type a name “AyaNova v3”
Select Finish

I am off network on a remote computer NOT attached to network system.

Hi Mark

On a computer “within” the network (so not needing to go through any firewall), perform the same steps to set up a remote user that would be using the Data Portal connection.

If this computer within the network can access, than your Internet firewall may be preventing remote users from accessing. Check your firewall configuration documentation for setting up forwarding.

If this computer within the network cannot access either, please attach a copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file used.

• Joyce

For the convienence of other AyaNova users performing a search on the forum for this issue, the resolution found is provided below:

Mark provided the full error message being recieved by the remote computer (copied below)

The part of the error message “Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.” usually indicates that the IIS (Internet Information Server) on the computer where AyaNovaDP is installed and running on is using Microsoft.NET 2 (or some .NET 2 compoents) instead of Microsoft Framework.NET 1.1 which is required for use with AyaNova v3.1.7 and the AyaNova Data Portal 3.1

I recommended confirming Microsoft.NET 1.1.4233 was set on the Default Web Site for IIS on the computer where AyaNovaDP was installed and running.

Mark rebooted the computer where AyaNovaDP was installed and running, and is now able to access via remote computer

Copy of error message below:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled exception:
Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
Parameter name: ticks
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:
at System.DateTime…ctor(Int64 ticks)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadDateTime()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadValue(InternalPrimitiveTypeE code)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadMemberPrimitiveUnTyped()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryResponseMessage(Stream inputStream, IMethodCallMessage reqMsg, Boolean bStrictBinding)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.GlobalEx.GetItem()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.CheckDataAvailable()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.()

Please note that Microsoft>NET Framework 2 is now required for the latest release AyaNova v3.2.0 and any optional AyaNova v3 utilities

Refer to the Known Issues & Updates forum http://forum.ayanova.com/Forum96-1.aspxto update to AyaNova v3.2.0