PTI compatible with Quantum PeachTree

Hi

PeachTree has just confirmed that their SDK that we used for creating the PTI (PeachTree Interface) uis compatible with PeachTree Quantum.

If you are interested in trying out the optional add-on PTI with your PeachTree Quantum, we would be happy to send out a temporary keyocde.

• Joyce

I am trying to configure the PTI with my Peachtree Quantum - I just downloaded the PTI from the web and do have an activation code but when I go through the steps I get the following error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {ED89AAAA-CF06-4214-85OE-OE8A04A0C0C8} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Hi

What version of Quantun Peachtree are you running - 2006 or 2007?

Uninstall PTI, and re-install, and re-confirm the version you select (2006 or 2007) is that version, and post back please.

• Joyce

I think the problem might be that we are running Quantum 2008 - I was hoping it would still be compatible

FORUM ADMIN NOTE: The latest PTI is compatible with PeachTree 2008 and 2009 and 2010 - see the PTI Help file for installation and use newer versions of Peachtree

Hi again

No sorry, we would have to make a new PTI for 2008 that is completely separate from the existing PTI because of the way that Peachtree’s software works. I don’t have an ETA on when development will look into this at this time.

• Joyce

So there are no plans to upgrade - and at this point no work around for it? We were looking to use Ayanova for workorders in a plumbing company that would have 10 service tech - - do you have any other recommendations?

Hi again, I will reword what I had previously posted as I believe I was misunderstood. I did not mean there is no plans to upgrade, I meant that the existing PTI 3.6 is not compatible with PeachTree 2008. And that PTI 3.6.0.0 is compatible with PeachTree versions 2006 and 2007 only at this time. And before PTI can become compatible with 2008, a completely new PTI would have to be developed which has not yet been developed which we will be looking into.

If you could zip up a copy of your PeachTree Quantum 2008 executable peachw.exe and send to us, we may also be able to tweak PTI to be able to work with it.

FORUM ADMIN NOTE: PTI is now compatible with PeachTree 2008 and 2009 - see the PTI Help file for installation and use with PeachTree 2008 or 2009

Also note we do provide at no charge the client and part import utilities available for download from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm so that you can export your data from PeachTree in the format and orderas per therequirements of the import utility and than import into AyaNova. For example (in basic outline) in PeachTree, Select Import/Export -> select the Customer List under Accounts Receiveable -> Export menu option -> checkmark and place in order the fields in PeachTree that match that identified in the AyaNova v3 Manual section “Importing Client Information from a csv Format File into AyaNova v3” starting page 616, save the file, make a backup of your AyaNova database, and than import into AyaNova using the import client utility.

This way you can have all your PeachTree clients and parts in AyaNova for selection without having to double-enter them into AyaNova. Invoicing into PeachTree would be manually - I would suggest that when a workorder is ready for invoicing, that you print out a Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total from AyaNova for that workorder so that you can refer to it when you enter billable items into the PeachTree invoice for that workorder

Let me know if you have additional questions.

• Joyce

Joyce

thank you for all your help today - so I think I must have misunderstood the PTI - I don’t need that to import customers from Peachtree. I don’t need it at all if I’m just producing work orders with Ayanova but then using Peachtree for Invoicing. There will be some duplipate data enty, but we have that now. One more question - if I enter a new customer in Ayanova, I will also have to enter them into Peachtree?

thanks

ames

Hi again ames

Yes, to invoice out in PeachTree you will want that same customer entered in Peachtree so that you can invoice out. The optional add-on PTI would give you the ability to automatically import AyaNova customers into Peachtree as well as their addresses, but again, this is only for PeachTree 2006 and 2007 at this time, so yes, you will have to enter manually the customer’s information into PeachTree so that the work can be invoiced out.

• Joyce

Joyce

hopefully the last question today (but no promises) “the client and part import utilities available for download” is this seperate from the Ayanova program, and if so can you tell mewhat exataclyto download.

thanks

ames

Sure

[Forum Note: AyaNova 4 and newer now has only one installation file, import utilities are a selectable item to install when installing AyaNova. The new configuration and installation makes it much easier to install and to configure, as well as to apply updates]

The AyaNova 3 import utilities are availableon http://www.ayanova.com/download.htmunder No Charge Related Downloads

You will need to refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual section for the particular import utility you will be using for installation, configuration and use.

The AyaNova v3 Manual is also available for download from http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm The Table of Contents at the beginning of the manual identifies every section in AyaNova, and when viewing via Word, just CTRL-click on the section of the manual and Word will “jump” you to that section.

• Joyce